Holy Cow! My Things On Ebay.....

MikeWarner

I'm currently building up my first modern trials bike. In order to pay for it (as the other half wants me to save every penny for our wedding), I broke my old trials/XC GT Zaskar from 1993 for parts. Turns out I'm going to have quite a bit of cash left over. With 4.5hrs to go, my old wheels are selling for more than I paid for them in 1994! More than today's equivalent would be new!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230349268951

A few other bits have exceed expectation with a few lagging waiting for last minute bids (Middleburn RS1s).

I alreadey sold my cantilever brakes for £75 and an old Ringle bottle cage for £20.

I guess some people want the retro stuff and will pay a lot to get it. I'm keeping my fingers cross.... lol.

I've got plenty more retro bits to go on there, including the Zaskar frame. :)

Not doing bad, as Christophe said thay are good parts, and unless I am mistaken I dont think you can get the ti hubs any more.

I got a red one on my Cannondale in cellar doing nothing in great condition on an old school ceramic rim, makes me wanna sell it.

Frooty

From memory, the front hub is 65g!!!

Also - the Middleburns I am selling are around 90g lighter than their current model!

Will be interesting to see how much I get for the unused 16 year old Onza Porcs Kevlar (pair) - still 7 days on those though.

Edited by MikeWarner

Gone up £20 since posting this. I have 13 more items going on at 9pm including retro Oakleys, modern Oakleys, retro bike bits and retro GT and Marin clothing (1991 and 1993).

I'm Hoping the cranks get a few last minute bids, was Hoping for around £75. The XT rear mech could go for more too.

Edited by MikeWarner

I can't really say that ever set of wheels like this will go for that amount. I was very lucky. I've seen similar wheels go for between £70-120. I was hoping for £120. I was very pleased when bidding got to £142, and blown away at £250. I really didn't expect £400 though.

How much feedback does the buyer have?

That's what I was wondering. Just make sure the money is definitely in before you send them - and obviously don't accept escrow or any of that crap. Mind you, there are a lot of idiots who will pay stupid money for that stuff.