Burst Inner Tubes.

Little Yoshi

Right I have gone through 4 front inner tubes since saturaday.

It is now starting to bug me so does anyone have any adive on how to stop bursting them?

Or is it just my shit luck the now?

what condition is youre tyre in mate?

i normaly go frew more tubes when my tyres are old

front or back ;)

Check your tyre for thorns, glass, or rips. Check your rim for burrs, spokes poking through the rim tape, etc. check the rim tape to make sure it's in one piece and just generally make sure that everything is how it should be. Worst comes to worse pump the tyre up a bit and it should make things better.

I have noticed that when I got my first bike I ran really cheap tubes and they would pop all the time, however now in front and rear I have heavy duty type ones(cheng shin) which are much fatter and have not had a puncture since well I can't remember, but it was before christmas. Even though I ride harder etc now.

Does anyone here have the problem of inner tubes bursting after patching them up? I'm using a 20"x1.75-2.125 in my back wheel and it always rip along the puncture hole so I have to use a new tube everytime.

And a quick question, which 20"/19" innertube had the words cheng shin on it? I brought the maxxis welterweight ones of tarty thinking they were the same as my old tube, which was fatter than usual and had the words cheng shin on it. Wasn't the Kenda 19" downhill tube was it?

I always patch them, I find it easier just to take one side of the tyre off rather than take the wheel out.

Lazy b*****d! :P

I patch if its a thorn or a very, very small pinch - If its a proper pinch (not done it in probably 3-4 years now) then I bin the tube and put a new one in :)