Jake Beach

Facebook or Twitter?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Facebook or Twitter?

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Both
    • Neither

Personally, I think they're both ridiculous. Not my thing. The interface for Facebook is horribly clunky. Twitter seems repulsive to me. Why do I care if so-and-so is doing their laundry or is running late for a meeting or just got a new car or just wants to say hi? Call me instead. I'd like that better anyway. I see little value, but it's just my thought on the matter.

Facebook all the way, though I'm still a fan of good ol' myspace ;D I hate Twitter with a passion, it's bloody useless, although, I do have a Twitter account.

Wrong. It depends what you use it for, mine's extremely useful in my job.

How? I've still yet to work out what twitter is other than a load of facebook statuses...

You do get a lot of the 'I'm taking a dump' … 'I'm wiping my arse' … 'I'm about to flush' … 'I flushed' kind of people on there, but I don't follow them. I tend not to follow a lot of people so as not to get all the crap. With web developers, and other such geeks like myself, you tend to get more links to resources, and answers to coding bugs/problems etc.

You do get a lot of the 'I'm taking a dump' … 'I'm wiping my arse' … 'I'm about to flush' … 'I flushed' kind of people on there, but I don't follow them. I tend not to follow a lot of people so as not to get all the crap. With web developers, and other such geeks like myself, you tend to get more links to resources, and answers to coding bugs/problems etc.

Exactly. So many links, articles, resources, textures, etc. that it means I have to check my RSS much less frequently because I get everything via twitter. Also a good way to get critique.

I'll be using Twitter to do a running commentary of car meets i'll be holding, and visiting. Testing out the concept at Goodwood tomorrow using my new phone which makes this all very easy, so i can show my favourite cars, anything that happens, specifications of cars if i speak to the owners and so on.

Facebook for me is more of a connecting with friends, seeing what's happening and so on. You can do this to some extent with Twitter, but for me, i'm using Twitter to broadcast rather then to congregate news from others.

I thought as much...however on the other hand they're made by Disney and admired by stupid children and their stupid parents - largely of a Christian fanbase.

...Don't think with it being intentional it'd go down too well? Who knows? :)

ive never even looked at twitter. Tried myspace once and just found it confusing and shit, gave up after about 2 days. when i was a noob i used bebo, after realzing its the biggest load of shit (worse than myspace) i decide to try facebook. im pretty sure its made for retards as i picked it up straight away without having to look all over the page trying to find the 'home' link or something stupid. so yeah i like facebook because its simple and my friends use it :P still not sure why people post comments on there though, weve all got msn...

Edited by Bearded Midget