K124 Days 2009

Tribal Zone

Hi guys ! Here is the official K-124 Days video, filmed using three HD cameras fitted with steadycam equipment and which features all of the best moments of the weekend! The result is simply fantastic… 18 minutes of pure trials pleasure, not to be missed! We cannot recommend enough that you download the original file from Vimeo to watch it in its original resolution! Hope you like it ! Big UP Marcus Gelhard !

K-124 Days 2009 by Tribal Zine

cover-255-585.png

PS : We've posted the video in this sub-forum and not the Tribal Zine news thread because of the magnitude and (we think) importance of the video. If it's a problem, feel free to move it. Thanx !

Vimeo Video -> Original Video

yeah the intro was not that good

but riding,interview editing, music was spot on

hi,

what do you not like on the intro? only for intrest, is it to fast? or is the flickering of the color stuff to much?

i wanted to know because than i can make it better in 2010 :)

greets

Marcus

Constructive criticism...

The into was just too ott, the flashing and stuff just didn't work. It made it look like a poorly made video from the 80s or something. The rotating Koxx logo was quite frankly the most annoying bit though. It would have been fine for the first 10 seconds of the video for example, but 5 minutes in and all I was doing was watching the logo spin, not the riding.

For an HD video though (considering the size of the download) the quality was really poor, and looked as if you could have achieved the same on a middle of the range SD camera. I'd suggest going through your export settings, as the downloaded video wouldn't play smoothly on my PC, and this things built for HD editing. The only way I could watch it was on Vimeo with HD off, and even then it struggled occasionally.

Constructive criticism...

The into was just too ott, the flashing and stuff just didn't work. It made it look like a poorly made video from the 80s or something. The rotating Koxx logo was quite frankly the most annoying bit though. It would have been fine for the first 10 seconds of the video for example, but 5 minutes in and all I was doing was watching the logo spin, not the riding.

For an HD video though (considering the size of the download) the quality was really poor, and looked as if you could have achieved the same on a middle of the range SD camera. I'd suggest going through your export settings, as the downloaded video wouldn't play smoothly on my PC, and this things built for HD editing. The only way I could watch it was on Vimeo with HD off, and even then it struggled occasionally.

ok, maybe next time a not rotating logo would be better, thanks :)

for the intro, mh ok, that was the idea i had when editing the intro so i made it. i think it depends always on the peoples taste. but i will try to make some super futuristic next year ;) i'm joking. i understand what you mean.

but for the HD quality i couldn't agree. if you watch it with HD off on vimeo, then yes its looking bad, but if you download the original file, the quality is good and many others can play it back without problems. do you use vlc?

the night section of the video is not that good quality because of the less light, the resolution is going down too.

and the size isn't that big for an HD video of that lenght. i have to use a lower bitrate then normal to get it on vimeos 500mb limitation.

maybe you installed windows7 and play it back with the windows media player? there i have the same stuttering problem, but with vlc its plaing back smooth.

greets

Marcus

Edited by Icke84

I tried it in VLC and Quicktime using Vista64, and neither could handle it.

strange, and other hd mpeg4 videos are running good?

because its only 3,5mbit/s bitrate with 1280x720 resolution. its not that hard to play back for normal pcs.

maybe you have some old graphiccard driver?

Yea first HD video I've had an issue with.

Doubt its due to out of date drivers, the PCs a week old :P

hm, than i don't have any idea whats wrong, but if its stuttering also on vimeo, then it couldn't be the video. because vimeo reencodes it to their own flash format, so every video should run on your pc. i had some friend who had a dual core amd and has also some stuttering problem on vimeo and other flash video sites. he solved it by right clicking in the video and open the flash setting. their he disable the hardware acceleration and it plays back smooth.

Video is great, but 1st few minutes just hurt my eyes as everything was going to fast, what about jsut taking some static video of the shop rather than moving? I managed to play video well with VLC, but it was laggy in WMP. And video was a bit blury especialy at the beginning. But interviews were amazing, as well as was riding. And over all would rate it as 8.5/10!

Edited by 3dd

hi,

what do you not like on the intro? only for intrest, is it to fast? or is the flickering of the color stuff to much?

i wanted to know because than i can make it better in 2010 :)

greets

Marcus

it was too much mate

everytime you use an effect you have to ask to yourself( and also to other person, it can be helpfull) if it's really necessary.

those light orange graphics during the intro were too wide on the screen, they appear too often and for too long.

It just bother your eyes and keeps you off the riding clips

The speed of the editing was ok for me and it went well with the tune.

I agree also about the spinning logo, was looking really nice, but just for a few seconds, after it's better to replace it by something less eye catching.

congratulation for your work on that vid though, that was awesome!

for all who couldn't but want to download the video from vimeo, jerome from tribalzone uploaded it to their server.

here you go:

http://tribalzine.com/spip.php?breve473&lang=fr

@chimpanzyyyy

thanks for your tips. i totaly agree that the spinning logo is to eye-catching.

for the intro, yeah, maybe you're right, but you don't have to see everything clearly in the intro, thats whats the others parts are for ;) but i will try to make it better next time.

thanks for your comment.

greets

Marcus