Warranties On Echo Parts?

steve g

Hi, I snapped my echo SL forks yesterday, ive only had them for around 4 months and managed to completely snap both legs bunny hoping a drain cover! This pathetic performance has made me wander if they were faulty:

I was wondering if anyone had any experience/info with echo warranties/faulty echo products as information on them seems to be very elusive.Thanks.

I imagine you probably would have snapped them before 4 months if they were faulty.

I've heard a few people have snapped the SL's now. You bought them brand new I take it?

[/quote

Yeah i bought them brand new from select bikes, and i agree about them snapping sooner if they were faulty, but it just doesn't seem right that they would snap sooo easily. I just hopped a drain cover, landed to two wheels, and my front wheel just disappeared dumping me on my face :(

If your right about three months being the warranty then that really sucks :(.

Just bad luck then buddy! Probably not worth buying another pair of the same forks...

Thanks anyway, and i definatly wont be buying another pair!

The material is the major flaw but then again they are for comp use....

join the club mate :ermm:

I snapped my echo SL forks club....Lol

Its annoying to see that all the pictures of broken ones on your topic page hve broken in the same place, they clearly have a major weak point where the hss3 mounts are (N)

it just doesn't seem right that they would snap sooo easily. I just hopped a drain cover, landed to two wheels, and my front wheel just disappeared dumping me on my face :(

Theres nothing to say that a nasty fall from a 6 foot wall 2 days before (or some other accident/big move) didn't weaken them, and you jumping over the drain was just the final knock required to snap them. The problem with trials is you are constantly abusing and putting strain on the parts, which are I agree designed for this type of thing, but they can only take so much before giving in. Nothing last forever (apart from a Handsomedog Rockhound frame which weights 3.2573 tonnes).

Like Hannah said, if they were faulty it is likely they would have snapped much sooner.

Its just a part of trials i'm afraid.

Frooty

Theres nothing to say that a nasty fall from a 6 foot wall 2 days before (or some other accident/big move) didn't weaken them, and you jumping over the drain was just the final knock required to snap them. The problem with trials is you are constantly abusing and putting strain on the parts, which are I agree designed for this type of thing, but they can only take so much before giving in. Nothing last forever (apart from a Handsomedog Rockhound frame which weights 3.2573 tonnes).

Like Hannah said, if they were faulty it is likely they would have snapped much sooner.

Its just a part of trials i'm afraid.

Frooty

This was exactly what I was thinking. I'm afraid it seems to be a case of "the straw that broke the camels back". Unlucky, but they are made for smooth comp riding so if what you do is anything but that then you can't have been expecting them to last long.

The material is the major flaw but then again they are for comp use....

join the club mate :ermm:

I snapped my echo SL forks club....Lol

Hey can I join the "I snapped my echo SL forks club" once I'm a full member LOL :P mines snapped 3 days after my 3 month warranty ran out ,

DSC00900.jpg

Quite a shame because I really did like these forks........ Ahhh well , I'm using echo urbans now :D

Hey can I join the "I snapped my echo SL forks club" once I'm a full member LOL :P mines snapped 3 days after my 3 month warranty ran out ,

DSC00900.jpg

Quite a shame because I really did like these forks........ Ahhh well , I'm using echo urbans now :D

Mine snapped identically to yours. Im looking at the trialtech ones, more money and extra weight will hopefully equally a longer life !

Any one have anything to say about the trialtechs? or know of any other curved blade forks that are worth a look?

Thanks.