Rear Rim Choice

Ciguena_dreamer

Hello, I'm after a new rear rim for my stock as my Echo looks like a 50p, I'm after something about the same strenght as a Echo but not as heavy. I would like something that could hold a grind to...

Any sugestions anyone?

trialtech

...next?

DX32, tartybikes for 36 hole undrilled, bikedock for 32 hole drilled - holds a grind like a bitch.

My one drilled with 18mm holes is only 20g heavier than a tryall h0le, I would imagine the predrilled 22mm hole one is lighter :)

No that's not spam, if he was spamming then the link would be to something unrelated, not a topic thats actually almost the same...

So no, not spammer at all, but casual observer who has a wierd memory for boring topics. (Y)

To Mr Topic starter, you destroyed an Echo rim? There really isn't anything much stronger to be honest, thought about being smoother?

To Mr Topic starter, you destroyed an Echo rim? There really isn't anything much stronger to be honest, thought about being smoother?

Callum Curwood being smooth? Please give some thought to what you're asking! :P

Actually Callum, you don't go big enough to kill rims, was it knackered when you got it?

Hello, I'm after a new rear rim for my stock as my Echo looks like a 50p, I'm after something about the same strenght as a Echo but not as heavy. I would like something that could hold a grind to...

Any sugestions anyone?

yes their are rims better. Try the onza 128H rim. I find that many many small holes is lighter and stronger than a couple really big holes its a fair bit lighter than the echo and noticeably stronger and more pricey too. Viz rims are also lighter and stronger. However the weight and strength difference is very small I just buy them cause the colors are better.

Keep in mind however this is just based off my observation from riding the rims. Obviously the weight is correct but their is no scientific way to measure strength, but the echo rim flatspotted doing things that the viz rim and onza did not flat spot on so in my opinion they are stronger. Onza is the best but I run a profile rear hub so i need a 36H rim and viz is the only choice.

No that's not spam, if he was spamming then the link would be to something unrelated, not a topic thats actually almost the same...

So no, not spammer at all, but casual observer who has a wierd memory for boring topics. (Y)

Heh, it wasn't memory; the topic I linked to was about 5 items lower on the page ;)