Finding It Really Hard To Get Better

Katkin

I'm finding it really hard to learn stuff.

I ride a 26" bike which is pretty light but am still finding it difficult to move the bike about.

I can get up small stuff, up to about 18" by putting my front wheel up first and then the back, and can balance pretty well going slow and when stopped but I can't get hops and stuff going.

I am 5'3" and weigh about 7.5 stone.

I don't know if this makes a difference as my youngest boy is only 8 and really small and he is learning stuff really quickly.

Any help or opinions would be good.

Kat

Hi how you doing. First of all would like to say girl power to you it so cool to here a female chating about and riding trials should be more female riders out there and there just dont seem to be so game on to you...... as to the topic well a can just say like many persons that have taken up trials thiers many times when learning that your skill level just dont sime to get better and it feels crazy some times a know like when saying to yourself arr why cant i do that.... All i do when having a bad one is just keep picturing yourself pulling the move off and just keep trying and trying. You will get there if you keep at It... no pain no gain

Have Fun......

check out "trashzen.com" it will teach and show you in detail how to perform moves. hope this helps. Riding with others will also build confidence, i'm almost 25 and have only been riding trials 2 years and it's hard to get started but once little moves are mastered the big ones arn't far away. happy riding.

• 2 weeks later...

No I havn't I'm afraid I'm way too much of a beginner for that!

I'm usually the one behind the camera.

Anyway back on topic, how about this bike.

Bike for sale on forum.

Simpson, Matt says your opinion can generally be good advice, what do you think?

What do other people think.

It's a bit expensive maybe, I might trash it!

I'm concerned about the back disc, I love the color though!

On the other hand it would clash with my helmet- LOL

Bike for sale on forum.

Simpson, Matt says your opinion can generally be good advice, what do you think?

That bike looks lush if id haven't of got my bike i have now and that was on earlier in time i would of bought it.

When you are getting up certain objects, do you pull your front brake to get up your rear wheel up or do you do it brakeless, because if you do it brakeless it is harder when you first start, until you get the hang of it, so try your front brake when your front wheel is on the object pull your front brake and throw your back wheel up.

I got told to just learn trackstanding until I can hold it for about 30 seconds or more, after that you start to learn the basics like bike control and then hopping and such. As somebody already said, TrashZen.com is an amazing website to go for help.

Adam

Bike for sale on forum.

Thats a top quality bike! yes it would help but its more an intermediate bike for people who have been riding a couple of years. IMO go for something cheaper and then it doesnt matter about trashing it.

Thank you all very much, its good to know i can get help from u guys :dance: :dance:

:cheers:

Looks like someone was on the wrong account :P

Another thing to mention is that just by riding with others and picking up things off them would help, even if it's only something to do with technique.

Hey.

A mod sounds more like your cup of spit.

I rode a stock once and didnt like it because it felt to big and heavy like my street/DJ bike.

Practice balancing and then pulling up onto your back wheel, not intending to go up anything untill you have that in the bag.

Then practice just bouncing on the flat, practice height and distance and make sure you have great brakes (I discourage Juicy 3's or Strocker Hayes Ryde's) so that you dont slip and fall on your butt (Man that hurts!) and you should get it over time with practice, And yeah I know its gay not being as pro as some of the guys on here, Ive had my bike since the wnd of November 2008 and I can only bounce up 3 pallets to back wheel, and side hop 4 on the odd occasion, I try to gap to front but always end up body slaming some thing haha. But through practice I can just about bounce the width of a car park space on the flat. So practice like a maniac and you should get it one day!

Thank you all very much, its good to know i can get help from u guys :dance: :dance:

:cheers:

Yes use your own, you have been validated now! So you can stop nagging!

And you can now buy your own bike............ :D

Edit: By the way thanks whoever did that. (Y)

Matt

Edited by Matt Vandart