Stem Snaps

sayshell

Luckily I walked away fine from this crash because my body weight is always really far back when I land things. I think it is 6061 t6 which is why it broke I didn't even land rough. I have no idea why you would make a 6061 stem and if they did they have terrible ideas (onza) and are jeopardizing people's safety. I was almost done filming my video but now their will be delays. Too bad their isn't a tarty bikes in North America :(

ugh I need to start my own company...

Edited by sayshell

I think it is 6061 t6 which is why it broke I didn't even land rough.

Whut? You landed like a sack of rocks! :lol:

Landed both wheels at once, with the bike 90 degrees to the direction you were travelling, sorry but that isn't landing smooth at all.

Still, unlucky on the stem snapping! Good thing you didn't get hurt, could have turned nasty that.

I fell backwards off the bike, if its a rough landing I would have fallen forwards and my wrist would have exploded. Also i didn't underotate it by 90 degrees, maybe like 10. I guess I define rough and smooth different. I call smooth anything where u absorb it with your legs, rough with your hands. A drop is a drop no matter how you land your bike still takes 100% of the impact, so even if it felt smooth on your body your bike is still under mad stress.

Those are some serious cuffs!

Pretty sweet line, a bmx wouldn't have broken though....

i sewed them my self.

Edited by sayshell

ride a bmx? this is trials forum WTF are you chatting, danny mac does 360's and how do you know he didnt just do a sick front to back to get to that location?

unlucky on the stem dude, but i like the line, hopefully you get a vid of you making it

That line was sick man....hop to manual to 360....I've only ever seen like 4 pro BMXers manual to 360 (Randy Taylor and Aaron Ross and a couple of others)

I wanna try BMX on a mod.....hahaa.

Unlucky with the break man, you did under rotate by aboout 20 but im sure if you'd of had a BMX it wouldn't of broke and you may of even ridden out of it because BMX's are a lot more stable for that sorta thing (and it hurts our wrists much less on a BMX..... hahaa)

Get a move on with ur vid, they're always sick.

Why? he looks f**k all like meatloaf.

If anything he looks like Tarja Turunen, but I can't find the pic I'm thinking of.

I didn't say he looks like meatloaf. It just puts the song into mind as you see him rolling down the hill with his huge cuffs andlong hair blowing in the wind and wearing all black.