Which Grips

CZARKID

orate....i bought some foam mbk grips on tuesday fitted them wednesday and by today i have worn a fairly large hole in them. i have not dropped them to have ripped them on a rock etc just worn through. are there any firmer grips as these seem quite soft. my mate bought some trial tech ones and he says there great. but i dunno if there firmer or not.

cheers

orate....i bought some foam mbk grips on tuesday fitted them wednesday and by today i have worn a fairly large hole in them. i have not dropped them to have ripped them on a rock etc just worn through. are there any firmer grips as these seem quite soft. my mate bought some trial tech ones and he says there great. but i dunno if there firmer or not.

cheers

Yeah go with trial tech grips they are good.

Yoshida Champ grips. They're keirin (read: fixed wheel bike) grips. 2mm thick, pretty long, but pretty hard. They last me about 9 months, whereas previously I'd go through grips in about 3-4 weeks. They're £15, but they last 9 times longer than the normal £5-8 grips used to last me, so work out as being economical over time.

Buy some! They come in every colour you can conceive, even traslucent ones.

Trialtech Foams, they last for ages, and won't move on the bar if you put them on right.

EDIT: To get them to stick, get a pan scourer, make it wet with hot water, stick a load of washing up liquid on it and roll it up, then twist it inside the grip, then squeeze the sides of the grip onto it tighter and turn it to scurb the insides. Then put them on with a pump to expand them and let them slide on.

Edited by Muel

ODI Longnecks... (Y)

With you.

Awesome grips, had a set last 3 years. Ribbed grips, so a medium compound can be used but the grips still feel quite squishy because of the ribs collapsing when you grip them. Some of your sweat can drain into the ribs aswell.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh they are defo the best, but they do wear! Had mine 3 weeks i think and the diamonds on one spot are almost gone, they feel better than ever.

If your looking for grips that'll never wear... get Echo Rubber Clears. Has to be the clear compound though. They are super hard.

Only problem is... You'll need to get new hands after a few weeks. :rolleyes: