Cardiff Experiences - Good Or Bad.

TrialsGilly

Moving there in September for university. I know there is already a uni thread but it looked a little dead!

Looking to see what people feel about the city, and any advice you have for living there.

Main things I need to find out are: riding spots? student night life? places to avoid ?

Anything else you feel I should know, or experiences, would be great.

Thanks Thomas

riding spots = none. so good choice there, well done :P

If you want to ride, come to swansea, where theres EVERYTHING. Same amount of fit girls (huge percentage, huge breasts etc), much more riding, and an awesome night life

Cardiff night life is pretty damn mint tbf, you wont be bored there put it that way. The uni's really good too, its just riding spots that let it down :(

riding spots = none. so good choice there, well done :P

If you want to ride, come to swansea, where theres EVERYTHING. Same amount of fit girls (huge percentage, huge breasts etc), much more riding, and an awesome night life

Cardiff night life is pretty damn mint tbf, you wont be bored there put it that way. The uni's really good too, its just riding spots that let it down :(

Thank's for that, kinda half riding atm, but not really getting much time at home.

Ok great, will drop you a PM when i am down there from a ride sometime...

Last time i was in Cardiff was me Phil Williams and Alex Doyle from Southport. We got pissed and went into an indian for beer after the pub shut. Turned out the indian bloke's family were all from southport and had restaurants up here lol Got bottles of beer and then had to hide from police in a church yard, but i can't remember what for.

Bongo

Hmmm, I rather enjoyed Cardiff on my trips there. My friend stayed about 10 minutes from Cardiff University Hospital.

Nightlife is 'good' - although if you're not used to big cities you'll think its amazing. I didn't find cardiff as impressive as say Sheffield, Birmingham or even Nottingham.

Riding - where I stopped there didn't look like much to do, probably spend a bit of time in Barry Island or something if you're that bored and depressed, it can usually cheer you up to think there are much better places than Wales in the world.

As said before the patiotism is very over the top; I have several household essentials purchased from Wales with a flag on it (becuase it was cheaper than brand names)...such as toothbrushes, pens and I used to have a little flag in my car too...I'm not Welsh though, but who does it harm?

I think you'll enjoy it there - the Welsh are pretty alright, as long as they don't talk.

http://ajanlo.kapu.hu/pics.php?d=cardiff

That's why I don't go down st marys street on the weekends... (it is spotless again by morning though). Theres plenty of places to go, I'm not into places like liquid, creation or strip clubs.. so couldn't comment on them.

02.jpg

Guy with the grey stripped top on...my, my he does look like a right irritating wanker.