What Shoes To Wear Whilest Trialsing...

Grovesy93

I have been talking to a few of my mates about shoes whilst trialsing they say that the shoes depict how much grip you get off your pedals and I was wondering if this was true?

of coruse it is...same as having grippier tyres that help you grip to objects...

Some peopel use "pixie boots" e.g Ribo and try-all...although these are more comp-orientated. Most people just use skate shoes, that what i use anyway.

I was thinking about starting the same thread just last night. ^^

I just started learning a few days ago but im' using a pair of és Sirio's and the grip is insane. I actually have less movement sideways and back/forward then the few times i have tried any bike with clips.

The only thing i would wish for is a bit harder soles as my feet take a bit of a beating after a while.

Edited by belga

I used DC shoes for a long period of time in combination with double cage try-all pedals, and is not bad, do the job.

Now I have a try-all sole B shoes and the difference is incredible.... Now I have much more grip with the same pedals.

I use chuck taylor type shoes when riding, but they tend to slip even with Crank Brothers 5050 pedals, and they are realy flexable.

Ive been meaning to get some skate shoes though, I hear they are pretty good.

I also have some Trident Trials shoes that are real good and dont slip and are really tight.

P.S. Why did you call it "Trialsing?", Im sure its called Trials riding?

In my opinion i think cheap unbranded skate shoes are grippier on pedals then the expensive branded ones. I Find that the softer soul gives you more grip and the thinner soul give a better feel. And they only cost like £10. But that's just me. Other people may disagree.

Your best bet is to try some different types over time to find what you like best.

Don't try converses though. It's not fun.

In my opinion i think cheap unbranded skate shoes are grippier on pedals then the expensive branded ones. I Find that the softer soul gives you more grip and the thinner soul give a better feel. And they only cost like £10. But that's just me. Other people may disagree.

Your best bet is to try some different types over time to find what you like best.

Don't try converses though. It's not fun.

I tried a pair of All-star types the other day. I could not get off my bike any faster. I could even feel the pins in my feet just standing up and landing even the smallest ledges made me feel like having someone try poking holes in my feet. To say the least it sucked beyond belief. Way to thin, way to soft. Edited by belga

I have been talking to a few of my mates about shoes whilst trialsing they say that the shoes depict how much grip you get off your pedals and I was wondering if this was true?

hey...

yea man it is true... i use a pair of Etnies which are a bit wrecked now Lol but yea skate shoes are best, i think ;)