Would You Like To See This Geo?

Joe@Onza

Would you like to see this geo?   

60 members have voted

1. 1. 1045 WB +55 BB 375 CS 72 HA

• No
    • Yes

Rancid! 375 CS kill mods. That Slinger proto I had that was about 1040, +55 and 365 was one of the nicest riding frames I've ever ridden. Much more lively and responsive. Having said that, the long CLS Zoos were popular as hell with that geometry so I'd imagine that they'd sell like hotcakes.

I've just remembered that CLS is now riding for you.

Aah...

It's not really about being weaker or less skilled (I've got 365s on my Zoo at the moment :P), it just feels way more responsive and direct - especially riding natural stuff. Just feels like you can place your back wheel where you want it more. It's also a lot nicer for spins with a shorter rear end too.

But yeah, having said that, if you're popping CLS's name on it it'll probably be targetting the TGS mod riders who probably want a longer rear end. So yeah, might want to discount my opinion on this ;)

The Ice for example has been a huge success due to its geo. A poll a few weeks ago placed it as the nicest frame to ride etc. I would say that was down to it being so easy to flick up and stay on the back wheel.

Edited by Joe@Onza

I've actually got one sitting here next to me, but I kinda prefer the mid-length chainstays just 'cos once you go below 355mm, it feels like you can't preload as much for gaps and ups 'cos the stays are so short there's nothing to really 'push' against, so to speak. It's quite a nice bike though, and the newer dropouts should help silence the doubters ;)

The Ice for example has been a huge success due to its geo. A poll a few weeks ago placed it as the nicest frame to ride etc. I would say that was down to it being so easy to flick up and stay on the back wheel.

Has the cracking issue been resolved on those yet? :-

The limey must have been higher, it rides a beaut. And my vote on that is valid as I rode both before choosing which one to go for.

:o that's short for you Mat!!

I say 1010 (short) 1020/1030 (long)

+60/65 BB

365 CS

72 HA

Yeah, that was the sort of geo I would be more comfortable with..........but if you do not push the boudries than you have less choice for your riders. I think I will make the proto for him like that and then go nfrom there. Yes it will be a compleatly new frame design. Only have drawings so I cant really say any more. (not being secret just cant really explain.) I'm using the same design as a 26" too.

Almost there, BB gonna be 45 on the proto's. Savage and Burton wanna go higher. If it prove's a little too high then it might be dropped to 30.

I SAY 1010 AND 85 BB WITH SHORT STAYS.

Kieran, Kieran , Kieran.........was that a hint or what!! coming from a Rockman rider...ha ha. :giggle:

Prob with BB higher then 70 you become limited to frame designs, Chain line can become to close etc. Maybe we should just be tha first and go for a boring frame and produce a +110 BB. haha.

Almost there, BB gonna be 45 on the proto's. Savage and Burton wanna go higher. If it prove's a little too high then it might be dropped to 30.

Kieran, Kieran , Kieran.........was that a hint or what!! coming from a Rockman rider...ha ha. :giggle:

Prob with BB higher then 70 you become limited to frame designs, Chain line can become to close etc. Maybe we should just be tha first and go for a boring frame and produce a +110 BB. haha.

Please do it!!! :D