Opinions On Best Front Freewheel?

Jake.

My Eno was generally quite a lot of hassle to maintain. It just seemed like it needed to be stripped and serviced a bit more frequently than I'd have liked, but engagement wise it was pretty much spot on all the time.

I've been running the Tensile 96-click freewheel for 2 months now and it's been pretty faultless. Before I flushed the grease out it skipped a bit riding around the car park, but once the grease was gone (easily done with a can of GT-85) it's been amazing. If you're not keen on the Tensile though, there's the Echo SL freewheel. Ali's had his on for quite a while now and I haven't seen it once skip, or even make any kind of unpleasant noises at all. It's been plain sailing the whole way. We had a big box of them turn up here today too, and just handling them they feel significantly higher quality than other super high engagement freewheels like the 108.9 (felt way, way better than that one - Ads swapped from the 108.9 to the SL today and when you compared the action of both freewheels, the SL was noticeably smoother and had a much more positive engagement feel). Out of all the ones out there, I'd recommend that one any day.

There's actually a reasonable difference which you feel most riding natural, where you often have to have your cranks at weirder angles than on street simply due to the angle of the terrain you're riding. You can feel it going from the Tensile 96 to the SL in any case. I just got back into the office from having a roll around the course in the warehouse with my new SL freewheel on and it does feel super nice.

Regarding spare parts 'n' stuff, the Tensile freewheels are fully serviceable and have replacement parts too, so that's not such an Eno exclusive any more.

Wow thanks a lot Mark!

So in your opinion the Echo SL is the best? (Just making sure)

Edit: You seem to be one of the only people who say Echo SL, lots of people seem to be giving ENO their vote... I'm not sure anymore!

Edited by OnzaKid