Anyone Applying To Uni?

Boswell

you mad?

Lol. It's like one massive holiday

Have either of you been to university? Yeah it's fun, but it's definitely a waste of time and money. You can have just as much fun by living in a uni town without all the expense, or you can spend the money doing something worth while. I can think of much better ways of getting myself into £20k+ of debt...

I wouldn't bother. waste of time and money.

If you haven't been you wouldn't understand.

Here its perfectly acceptable to;

-spend 4 hours with 4 friend making cardboard sheilds and swords to have fights.

-wake people up at 5am because youv'e cooked too many sausages.

-To throw borbuns at any pedestrian out of your window

-To have 6 people sleep overs, while eating doritos and watching the 5 batman films.

-To get drunk every night with reasons such as "£1.50 for snakebite? It would be a f**king insult if i didn't get smashed"

-To watch 5 Rambo films in a day without battng an eyelid.

- To take a week off "because its your birthday"

- To find any small way you can torture your housemates.

- To go clubbing in goldspangly hot pants and for you not to look wierd at all.

etc. Uni is BANTER FACT. The certificate is a by product.

If you haven't been you wouldn't understand.

Here its perfectly acceptable to;

-spend 4 hours with 4 friend making cardboard sheilds and swords to have fights.

-wake people up at 5am because youv'e cooked too many sausages.

-To throw borbuns at any pedestrian out of your window

-To have 6 people sleep overs, while eating doritos and watching the 5 batman films.

-To get drunk every night with reasons such as "£1.50 for snakebite? It would be a f**king insult if i didn't get smashed"

-To watch 5 Rambo films in a day without battng an eyelid.

- To take a week off "because its your birthday"

- To find any small way you can torture your housemates.

- To go clubbing in goldspangly hot pants and for you not to look wierd at all.

etc. Uni is BANTER FACT. The certificate is a by product.

And here's me thinking about university offering the chance to immerse and develop myself in an academic environment :giggle:

And here's me thinking about university offering the chance to immerse and develop myself in an academic environment :giggle:

Yea ok I do a bit of maths, blah blah, wake up at 8.30... do some tests, fiddle some number, plagarise all my cw.

But the best thing about uni without a shaddow of a doubt is NAPS today 12.30 supposed to be in a "mathmatics and computer packages lecture" was I there no nap.... 3 people in my room eating pizza watching iron man... me... f**k off im napping, and you can all just watch me drool and snore because its my room, its awsome! We even group nap! best exp. in the world.

Edited by Simpson

Waste of time and money?

Depends entirely why you decided to go to uni and what course you chose to do if you ask me (this applies to people thinking about going too). If you want to go to uni just for the social side of things then yes, you could probably get up to the same antics without all the added expense (and lectures). If you want to improve your job prospects, and are prepared to choose a course which will actually do that and to put in the effort, then it is more than worth it.

I've applyed and got all 5 offers, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Northumbria, Worcester and Nottingham Trent.

Anyone who's at any of them at the moment got any advice on them at all e.g what the ridings like, what the night-life is like etc. ?

Yea I'm at Pompey, the riding is pretty endless (always a crowd visiting here) and the night life is pretty bang on!