Tf Ring Trip - Easter 2010

Prawny Baby

• 3 weeks later...

Right chaps, It's time to act on this.

Ferries are now booked for myself, George, and Mr Angel, plus passengers. As well as a mate of mine from work in a leon cupra, and a mate we met at the ring in september in an LCR.

To all those interested, I've started a facebook group to confirm and discuss details, here:

www.facebook.com/Easter 2010 Ring Trip

Right chaps, It's time to act on this.

Ferries are now booked for myself, George, and Mr Angel, plus passengers. As well as a mate of mine from work in a leon cupra, and a mate we met at the ring in september in an LCR.

To all those interested, I've started a facebook group to confirm and discuss details, here:

www.facebook.com/Easter 2010 Ring Trip

Hell yeeeeeeeeeah

I'm taking my mini.

Trailers booked. And ferry tickets will be booked on pay day.. which is tomorrow woop woop.

Broomer, how fast can you cruise with a trailler in tow? I won't lie, I don't fancy doing 60 the whole way through france/belgium/germini!

I'm off to Custardlandâ„¢ (essex) at the weekend to rip bits off custards car until mine works again. when I figure out which bit fixes it, I'll buy said part new from audi, and be happy again :)

then I just need to fit my coilies before we go, and sell my weitecs for beer money at the ring!

Broomer, how fast can you cruise with a trailler in tow? I won't lie, I don't fancy doing 60 the whole way through france/belgium/germini!

I'm off to Custardlandâ„¢ (essex) at the weekend to rip bits off custards car until mine works again. when I figure out which bit fixes it, I'll buy said part new from audi, and be happy again :)

then I just need to fit my coilies before we go, and sell my weitecs for beer money at the ring!

aye up,

ferrys booked.

i can make my own way down, dont expect any of you to hang around...

don't worry Liam, the 20vt crew are going to have to stop for fuel every hundred miles or so, so your soot chucker will be passing us at the pumps!

getting proper excited about this now!, got LOADS of people comming, so should be wicked:

Broomer -Mini

his passneger (???)

George -A3 turbo

Tic

RoboSte -Leon Cupra

Alex (robs pax)

Prawn - A3 turbo

Sanger

Frenchman

Dan Angel -A3 turbo

Steve (dans pax)

Chris (dans pax)

Dan Ceallar (met him at the ring in sept) LCR

dans pax 1

dans pax 2

dans pax 3

james Hayes -S3

Custard

Alex Ogden (who remembers al from the old days?)

Als missus Pip (possibly)

Bessel has said he might come - Evo

That's 21 people! and I'm certain I've forgotten a few.

Should be quite the adventure!

I'm sure that'll be fine Ticcy, always room for a small one!

Not taking the mega tent this year, it's only ever pissed me off before, because as much as everyone does try and help, it's always left 90% to me and frenchie to do all the work and 4 other bastards get to sleep in it.

Smaller tent = less hassle for me!

YEAH BABY I'M IN! :lol:

We'll be looking at booking the ferry later today. What times is everyones ferrys? Because the cost has gone up we're thinking of going thursday night and staying part way in. We'll join the convoy as you pass us. Hopefully then we won't be as dead from his silly low ratio, rock hard coilovers, fixed buckets and a stupid loud boxer engine thumping our heads... B)

YEAH BABY I'M IN! :lol:

We'll be looking at booking the ferry later today. What times is everyones ferrys? Because the cost has gone up we're thinking of going thursday night and staying part way in. We'll join the convoy as you pass us. Hopefully then we won't be as dead from his silly low ratio, rock hard coilovers, fixed buckets and a stupid loud boxer engine thumping our heads... B)

We are getting the ferry at 6am on Friday morning. That's cool that you're coming too! I think I might be in the same situation as you, buckets, rock hard suspension, and no sound deadening. Joy. Hahahahaha

Chaps, If I did it in the mini, then NONE of you have anything to complain about, Compared to the mini spunkey, your coilies in the audi will feel like limo comfort, and I'm fairly certain neither the A3 or the RA are anywhere near as loud as the Mini is inside, and we coped, so you'll be just fine!

Andy, surely by the time you've found a place to stay in france thursday night it'll be just as cheap and easy to come with us to dunkirk?

I've still got to try and fix a potential boost leak (boost seems a bit random currently), change the oil and filter, refit my airbox with a new cold air feed, and get my coilies on, ride height set when they've settled, and have the tracking done, as well as potentially 4 new tyres the way things are looking :( I've got about 2.5-3mm left all round now, so i really don't think I'll manage the trip there and back, plus 8 laps on what's left.

it's also worth noting, that whilst the UK legal limit for tyre tread is 1.6mm, the german officials at the ring have the right to turn away any vehicle with less than 2mm of tread remaining.

I feel sorry for you guys, I've got arm rests, cd player, a tonne of sound deadening, comfy seats, air con the lot...

Only issue is not enough cup holders.

I also have all the above, and even have 230bhp to push it all along with,

but still NO BLOODY CUP HOLDERS!!!!!

What is the world comming to?

FItted the rear coilies today, slammed as low as they'll go

Fronts going on next weekend, along with an oil change, and refitting the air box with green filter and an 80mm feed.

because it's been proven that with a few mods it'll flow 10x better than any nasty chavy induction kit bollocks.

Mine's been smoothed out inside totally on both sides, as well as a green cotton panel filter, and the inlet hole being opened out to accept an 80mm feed in from inside the front bumper.

I'll take VAGCOM logs before and after as a comparison

Lads, the snow has cleared!!!!!!!!!!

My linkhttp://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg

Going to be such a wicked trip!

I've got SO much to do though before we go

this saturday, I'm planning on fitting my front coilovers, doing an oil/filter change, refitting my airbox and panel filter with 80mm feed, removing and remounting my front bumper/lower valance, and installing my new gizzmo electronic boost controller.

busy busy busy

Broomer perhaps.......... on his Mini

Are they cracking down on that this year then Chris? I was told last year before I went that they wern't allowing cars with extruding pins on, and that some were allowed on if they were covered with tape, but nobody was stopped when I was there in the mini, with LOADS of the mini's having bonnet pins....