Renault Clio Space For A Mod?

Mr Rankin

I am currently looking for a new motor and a clio 182 has caught my eye, however looking at one in the flesh made me realise just how small the boot is.

So im just wondering if you can fit a mod or maybe even 2 mods in the back with the seats down without totally dissmantling them.

Thanks

We got 2 mods into my micra without putting the seats down, take front and maybe rear wheels off, one in the boot one in the back seats next to a passenger.

We also got 3 dirt jump bikes in the car with the back seats down, front wheels off, then stack the bikes almost to the roof.

I'm assuming (Can't really compare right now.) that the clio is bigger so you shouldn't have any problems.

Fitting 2 mod bikes in the boot with the seats down would be simple! Even putting 2x26" bikes in the car would be fairly straight forward!

You will have to take the front wheels out.

In my old 106 I used to get my mod and a BMX in the back without folding the seats down, all we had to do was remove the front wheels! Because my Megamo and the BMX were so short, I could sit the mod across the back seats and the BMX on the floor behind the front seats.

If its just me and my mod bike I can fit the bike across the back seats without putting the seats down or removing the front wheel :P

For days when you are likely to be transporting muddy bikes use old sheets to protect the car and you could always buy a cheap tarpaulin (I got mine in pound land!)

I have a clio,

I have had 3 stocks in the back of mine.

I did have to remove front wheel on each though.

Not too much hastle,

Just need to slip the seats out (they just pivot forward the slide out) and drop the backs down.

Two min job.

Hope that helps a little :)

LeeW.

I Had a 182, best place for all the info is cliosport.net, head over there, BUY a member ship and do a lot of reading before you buy one

You can get 2 bikes in with wheels off, 1 in with front off.

Down side to a 182 (over a 172) is the exhause goes where the spare wheel would be (meaning there isnt one) and you cant fit a tow bar, if you intended on getting a bike rack for a towbar.

My brother in law is selling his 05 plate Blue 182, 24K, Immaculate Cond, £7000, going to put it on the forum 2moz hopefully.

With the front wheel out, and by tilting the front seats forward, I can happily fit my mod on the backseat of my Mini. :) Also got two back there with them pretty much in bits, but that was because we had to recline the seats right back to sleep due to lack of hotel rooms...

I am currently looking for a new motor and a clio 182 has caught my eye, however looking at one in the flesh made me realise just how small the boot is.

So im just wondering if you can fit a mod or maybe even 2 mods in the back with the seats down without totally dissmantling them.

Thanks

I've had a Fiesta and a new shape Corsa, can get one mod in the back without the front wheel off no problem, 2 mods in with front wheel off easy peasy. Want me to measure boot dimensions on my Corsa for you dude?