203 Bb7 On A Mod.

aener

I've been on a 24" for the past two years.

To cut a long story short, I got myself a mod. This mod in particular came with no front brake.

A long while back, I cut a section of my right index finger off at work, meaning I can't use front brakes properly. This prompted me to get a 203 BB7 to get enough stopping power.

(I don't doubt that you won't believe me - but it's not my brake setting up skills. If I go on any bike with a =<180 I can't get enough leverage to lock it out on a gap/up to front.)

Now that I only have 203's to go on the mod, I'm wondering if that's too much?

I understand that I might be able to switch down to 180 with the smaller wheels any way - but for now, 203's are all I have.

Will all that extra power damage/weaken forks/wheel builds a stupid amount, or will I be Ok?

(Yes 0 I'll be putting the 203 on for a while - but I'd rather take it off if it's gonna crack anything.)

If it makes any difference, it's one of the newer BB7's on Koxx forks.

I used one for ages, if you struggle to control your finger I can't see it being a good idea... I mean I guess I might be different because I set my brake up to have pretty much no pull before the brake locks, and with a 203 BB7 on a mod its very easy to eat shit in half a heart beat.

I used one for ages, if you struggle to control your finger I can't see it being a good idea... I mean I guess I might be different because I set my brake up to have pretty much no pull before the brake locks, and with a 203 BB7 on a mod its very easy to eat shit in half a heart beat.

This isn't so much the case - I just lost a bunch of power as I don't have the end section for the extra leverage. I'll bear shit-munchng in mind ;)

As expensive as it sounds, get yourself a hope.

As blunt as it sounds, read the f**king question.

I am putting on a 203 - I wanted to know if it would rape my wheelbuild/crack forks.

Rather obvious but you may have overlooked or not put the time into learning, is using your middle finger? Plenty people do it so it's worth a try, obviously it may take some time to teach your finger.

Have you tried bringing the lever blade back? Allot of levers have a screw to bring the lever back.

Sorry if you've already covered that, but i thought it may be of some use.

Rather obvious but you may have overlooked or not put the time into learning, is using your middle finger? Plenty people do it so it's worth a try, obviously it may take some time to teach your finger.

Have you tried bringing the lever blade back? Allot of levers have a screw to bring the lever back.

Sorry if you've already covered that, but i thought it may be of some use.

I made a topic, and got that exact advice when I first did my finger.

Tried using the middle finger for about 3 months, but just couldn't do it.

And yeah - already got it wound in. It's the pulling power that I lack.

Edit: I think it might have even been you that gave me it :giggle:

Edited by aener

i wouldn't worry about the wheel being abused by it, once a wheels been locked up, it can't be more locked up. however the further out the calliper is from the forks, the more leverage it has, this is bad for forks, i think 185 is all you need, my mates 185mm rotor on his 20" was absolutely lethal, with minimal effort at the lever. have you looked at different pad compounds?

Dan6061 uses a 203mm bb7 on his Zona zip and as far as I'm aware, has no problems to report.

Yeah I ride with him and hes had it on there for almost a year i think and hes had no issues with it at all.

He got the disc off of me and i was using a hope M4 with it on my T-pro and it never damaged any components.

I've been on a 24" for the past two years.

To cut a long story short, I got myself a mod. This mod in particular came with no front brake.

A long while back, I cut a section of my right index finger off at work, meaning I can't use front brakes properly. This prompted me to get a 203 BB7 to get enough stopping power.

(I don't doubt that you won't believe me - but it's not my brake setting up skills. If I go on any bike with a =<180 I can't get enough leverage to lock it out on a gap/up to front.)

Now that I only have 203's to go on the mod, I'm wondering if that's too much?

I understand that I might be able to switch down to 180 with the smaller wheels any way - but for now, 203's are all I have.

Will all that extra power damage/weaken forks/wheel builds a stupid amount, or will I be Ok?

(Yes 0 I'll be putting the 203 on for a while - but I'd rather take it off if it's gonna crack anything.)

If it makes any difference, it's one of the newer BB7's on Koxx forks.

i had a 203mm bb7 on mod, its was mint! good for rail swaps, just most people on here are heavy handed and can only seem to pull their brakes completely fully on or completely off. if you learn brake control its awesome!