2009 Echo Control With V Brake

toyota200x

I am considering purchasing this frame & was wondering if anyone is using a rear V on it. I have home machined adapters that utilize the lower 4 bolt mount as the pivot area similar to the Heatsink Mk.3 adapters. The rim I will be using is a DX32.

Any insight on if this will work is greatly appreciated.

Well I know on my mod with similar adapters the V brake pad is very low in the arm (close to the pivot). I was concerned that because the control has horz. drop outs that I wouldn't be able to move the pad far enough down with this typle of V adapter. If anyone has pictures of a V brake setup on a Control that would be ideal. Keep the info coming.

Hello mate, not long ago, I switched to rear Vee on my Echo Control 2009 because I couldn't stand my hs33 anymore... Now, if you want to know, there is absolutely no problem using this brake system. The thing is, you will have to use a brake booster as this frame flexes quite a lot! My booster is under my neon vee-adapters, that permits to have a nice setup. I f you have anymore questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

Edited by Canardweb

I am sure the brake is stiff enough like that (even no booster is stiff enough) but its not about the feel, its about the power, a booster on top is 1,000,000x better than one underneith for holding power.

Well Ali,I know what you mean, but my holding power is now great even after not grinding for about two weeks!

Thanks for the picture, but I have to request 1 more. Can you get one from the side showing where the pad is located in the V arm slot? What size cog are you running in the rear? Thanks!

I'll try to take that pic tomorrow. I am running 18/15 gear ratio!

I'll put it this way, when i was running an avid ultimate vee set up on my 07 control (the one with the big cn in-built booster) there was a large improvement in the holding power you got from running a booster on the top aswell. Yes it didn't look as clean, but the brake performed noticeably better.

I am considering purchasing this frame & was wondering if anyone is using a rear V on it. I have home machined adapters that utilize the lower 4 bolt mount as the pivot area similar to the Heatsink Mk.3 adapters. The rim I will be using is a DX32.

Any insight on if this will work is greatly appreciated.

I too am considering v's for my marino fourplay would like a little more modulation for street. Any body running them on their fourplay? what after market levers are there available, can only see avid, shimano or because levers but would quite like something nice and cnced.

Thanks

I too am considering v's for my marino fourplay would like a little more modulation for street. Any body running them on their fourplay? what after market levers are there available, can only see avid, shimano or because levers but would quite like something nice and cnced.

Thanks

Paul make some nice cnc levers and obviously the avid ultimate levers are very pimp cnc machined, sealed bearing pivots etc, but both are horrificly expensive and offer no considerable performance increase over an avid SD7 or SD SL lever. But hey if you have the money then the pimp factor is pretty high.

• 2 weeks later...