Updated Echo 24"

Stan Shaw

As you can tell, this bike's changed a fair bit from when I last posted pictures. I've now gone brakeless (mega fun!) and I've sprayed the frame and added some pimp new Echo parts in Purple. The eagle eyed will also notice I have removed the HS33 mounts on the frame to make it cleaner. I had a rear disc before, and still have the option of going back to that. I also managed to get the chain setup tight without any tensioner, which is sweet.

I'm guessing some people will hate the colour theme, but I love it as its different and nice and bright.

Oh and for those who care, the bike weighs 9.12kg.

Thanks go to Ads for the pictures.

stanbanana1.jpg

stanbanana2.jpg

stanbanana3.jpg

stanbanana4.jpg

stanbanana5.jpg

I wish team tarty brakeless staff lived in bristol :(

bike looks amazing.

Funny you should say that :shifty: I'm trying to badger Ali into a bit of a Wales roadtrip - I'm actually in mid-Wales now, and my sister lives in Cardiff so we have some stop-off points. Was thinking of maybe Porthcawl on a Saturday and Bristol on a Sunday, then driving back up home. Are you around on weekends? Be pretty rad to meet up again now I'm not on a little gay bike, haha.

Sweet. The drive from Tarty to my home here was pretty good yesterday. Did the last 26 miles of super twisty roads in about 30mins yesterday including stopping off to pick up some eggs - super smooth road, no-one else around, mega good... But yeah, could easily do it all in a weekend with relatively little fuss, so we should!

I wish team tarty brakeless staff lived in bristol :(

bike looks amazing.

Cheers dude. I want some lessons on brakeless trials from you :P

Rode it again last night and this afternoon and I'm improving! It's like learning trials but in fast forward with lots of sketchy riding haha.

Pleased people arn't hating the colour theme to much as well. Colourful bikes for the win :)

Very very nice looks clean and fresh

Still thinking of going brakeless on bmx

brakeless bmx for the win!. nothing to slow you down so you just gotta do it,which makes you progress faster. at first you are met by a few difficulties....bushes....walls... cars..... but after a while you get the hang of it and its just awesome :)

Edited by Giddy Koxx Boy

Funny you should say that :shifty: I'm trying to badger Ali into a bit of a Wales roadtrip - I'm actually in mid-Wales now, and my sister lives in Cardiff so we have some stop-off points. Was thinking of maybe Porthcawl on a Saturday and Bristol on a Sunday, then driving back up home. Are you around on weekends? Be pretty rad to meet up again now I'm not on a little gay bike, haha.

Saturdays are not so easy - as I have work in the morning until 11/12 ish - wouldnt really be worth pounding to wales - as Im usually pretty pooped on saturday afternoons. But Sundays Im game for anything.

Colourful bikes for the win

truth

Did the last 26 miles of super twisty roads in about 30mins yesterday including stopping off to pick up some eggs - super smooth road, no-one else around, mega good... But yeah, could easily do it all in a weekend with relatively little fuss, so we should!

would that be the Newtown road Mark? And the egg farm above llanyre?

We must catch up if you're home :)

Yeah, the Newtown road - been re-tarmaced since I was there last, and it beats the shit out of any of the wanky roads up here! Potholes galore... And egg farm was somewhere by Dolfor I think. I'm back up in Hebden now though, sorry. Was only in Llandod as a stop-off on the way to Cardiff.