Chris Akrigg, Fixed Gear Video 2- Barcelona

John Shrewsbury

Brand awareness.

But the riding is very niche, mongoose don't really make a bike for people who would be most imprssed by those moves.

And although that video is class and he has some unfathomable ability to destroy with whatever two wheeled object he picks up, its not ground breaking like mr Mac, so won't raise the bar as high as danny did for inspired and tarty and the sport in general.

however i love the fact he's riding what he wants, on the bike he chooses and on how he wants to ride.

Reminds me of a mate who just made me laugh so much on bmx due to his obscure techy lines and techy weird tricks!

Edited by shamus

when there s a rider like that! who needs danny mac?

Chris i carnt believe u left airevalley without saying bye :(

Oh is that why most he airevalley guys were in the curry house together the other week?

Great vid

But the riding is very niche, mongoose don't really make a bike for people who would be most imprssed by those moves.

And although that video is class and he has some unfathomable ability to destroy with whatever two wheeled object he picks up, its not ground breaking like mr Mac, so won't raise the bar as high as danny did for inspired and tarty and the sport in general.

however i love the fact he's riding what he wants, on the bike he chooses and on how he wants to ride.

Reminds me of a mate who just made me laugh so much on bmx due to his obscure techy lines and techy weird tricks!

Hes won trials comps in the past, but dont do them anymore as theres alot better riders out there now, and he liked it wen it was oldskool.

But now hes riding Downhill and winning most of the comps he enters, which is pretty gd because hes fast.

Think he just got given the fixie to try out and give it ago, and i reckon it will up the level of fixie riders and the riding.

I think chris is pretty happy he took on the deal with mongoose a couple of years ago now as he gets to hav all different bikes given to him, DH, XC, BMX, FIXIES

so he mostly promotes the brand and all the bikes. who woundnt want that as a job?

Glad all you boys are loving the video anyway. Just wished we found sum of them places wen we were out in barcelona 3 wks ago.

Mongoose make a fixie, and Charge and a few other Hotwheels companies do fixies too, so they'll probably pick up some sales through that anyway. Talking strictly about trials you're sort of right, but I think Chris's riding kinda reaches across to 'normal' MTBers who might see his trials stuff, see it's a similar looking bike then get a Mongoose playbike sorta hardtail setup because it 'looks' the same, and they'll think they can try and replicate it.

Mongoose are also one of the few companies out there who make everything from fixies to DH bikes, so I guess Chris works for them as a Jack of all trades type.