Calming Frustration

Arran

HI guys,

I need a way to help me keep calm when I fail something again and again. ( also when i shin dig!!) any response welcome.

just keep telling your self that you can do it, thats what helps for me. whatever you do dont smash stuff!! then you get in trouble :) just stay calm possibly take 5 :)

F**k all the above! Throw your bike! Smoke a tab. Works for me.

Being realistic I usually step off for a min to cool off and rest my body, normally have summat to eat/drink (healthy food and water not chocolate and booze, as both will impair you further):P

And everyone else has said, it is supposed to be fun, but no-one can deny when that line/move is elluding you repeatedly it is a royal PITA

Yes it is, thats as just a turn of phrase from mocking a friend.

However issues arise as it IS short term energy, after chocolate or high sugar intake your blood sugar levels can drop back below the level they were at before the consumption, making you more tired and less effective, a bit like high caffine drinks. Sugar/caffine crash is my term for it

Natural sugars like in fruit etc are good for a boost instead as they have a more gradual effect.

Also (only mentioning this as i did it recently) a good diet makes you more relaxed in general. Better chemical balance.

Now enough stupid diety advice because someone is gonna call me up on this soon!

Edited by shamus

Hi,

I have a mate who does juggling and he swears that if he has a trick that he can't get he will leave it for 10 minutes and when he comes back to it normally he gets it first time. It is supposed to be something to do with the way the brain learns, along the same lines as visualisation.

I am also in favour of chocolate :rolleyes: , isn't it supposed to be an antidepressant ;)

Tim

Hi,

I have a mate who does juggling and he swears that if he has a trick that he can't get he will leave it for 10 minutes and when he comes back to it normally he gets it first time. It is supposed to be something to do with the way the brain learns, along the same lines as visualisation.

I am also in favour of chocolate :rolleyes: , isn't it supposed to be an antidepressant ;)

Tim

The antidepressants I'm taking are pills, not chocolate.

maybe music? when i want to train hard i listen some fast loud style like Linkin Park,Bullet for my Valentine or some fast rap songs... when iam just messing around iam listening to slower stuff like Akon or rap or i dunno just something that i like at the moment.

Or just try to breath in paper pocket few times :D

Aside from screaming and chucking the bike as far as I can; (I try to restrain myself from doing this in public), I think stopping for a while and then going back to it in a bit can do absolute wonders for doing what you are trying to do, as well as maintaining your sanity!