Brake Pads On Smooth Rims

trials owns

hi everyone

i have got smooth rims on my mod with standard magura pads, i was wondering if different pads on a smooth rim will make a difference in performance. I am looking at either the onza citrus pads or neon pads what would you guys recomend if it makes the performance better.

thanks

hey man,

Answer to that question is a big YES

Personally i dont like magura pads, i think there too soft for me.

I used to run smooth rim, Onza Lime pads, with a lil tar. Does the trick :)

( Until it rains)

Hope this helped,

Sam :)(Y)

I'm guessing you're looking to spend as little as possible which is why you suggested the neons and onza citrus pads...

I'm running yellow Neon mod pads atm and am pretty pleased. Lots of bite with medium hold. Add some tar and they're rock solid and very loud.

If I were you I'd be tempted to go for some Rockman greens. My pair's still in the packet, but I've heard lots of good things about them and the compound feels about right.

Anything is going to be better than the standard black pads.

Edited by konstant

I'm guessing you're looking to spend as little as possible which is why you suggested the neons and onza citrus pads...

I'm running yellow Neon mod pads atm and am pretty pleased. Lots of bite with medium hold. Add some tar and they're rock solid and very loud.

If I were you I'd be tempted to go for some Rockman greens. My pair's still in the packet, but I've heard lots of good things about them and the compound feels about right.

Anything is going to be better than the standard black pads.

ah cheers mate, i am on a budget

I've used Heatsink and Echo pads before and they both work a treat. I'm currently using the TNN cnc backed green pads and they work great, with plenty of bite - but they are a bit pricey!

I'm seeing a lot of love for rim grinds on here but I've never had that much success running ground rims, but I guess I just don't have the knack for doing it right. I know a lot of people swear by the grind so i'm sure it works when done properly.

Either way, I just stick to smooth rims nowadays, with decent pads I never have a problem.