Tyres- Mod

Chambers

im nearly up for some new tyres on my adamant and was just wondering what setup most people have found works the best

ive heard alot of things about different setups but its just left me even more confused than when i started??

Riding mostly street

Please help!!!

Edited by Chambers

Set up of win:

Front Try all

Rear Monty Eagle Claw

:)

you see that was my initial thought BUT i have been told that the eagle claw can make the bike feel very unstable on the back wheel this is not the kinda thing i want???

Just go for Creepy crawlers then :P

got them wanted to try something different??

Front Tyre - Maxxis creepy crawler.

Rear Tyre - Try-All Sticky.

I have had this set-up for a few months now and it is perfect for me. turned.gif

Thats just stupidity in its finest form!!!!!

you see that was my initial thought BUT i have been told that the eagle claw can make the bike feel very unstable on the back wheel this is not the kinda thing i want???

Unstable?! wtaa? Eagle Claw is the widest mod tyre in the marker, how can it make your bike feel unstable?! :blink:

F: try-all

R: eagle claw

WIN

Unstable?! wtaa? Eagle Claw is the widest mod tyre in the marker, how can it make your bike feel unstable?! :blink:

F: try-all

R: eagle claw

WIN

im only my 3rd rear eagle claw.... cant beat it ;)

but i tryed a frt eagle claw as i was short of money for a try-all and im very impressed i have to say

why not try it urself??

Monty tyres stable? seriously what the hell are you people riding just completely flat even surfaces? i even split a valve due to the monty folding so much, also found pinching off the edge of things it would just rim out too easily.

Ah! pump it up harder i bet you all thought, i did it just felt really hard on flat surfaces not alot of bounce.

If your just riding street i would probably say just get the creepy crawlers, if your doing natural, actually riding on difficult uneven surfaces and pinch on the edge for gaps get try-all.

Edited by Toby

I can't believe you're all having these issues with Eagle Claws on the rear. Mine was and is amazing for natural - loads of grip, more stable and much, much more predictable than any of the Creepy Crawlers I've used in the past. I think I generally run harder tyre pressures than most so that might come into it, but yeah, can't understand how people don't think they're stable, especially compared to CC's...

I don't really know if it's any interest to you, but we've also got the new Try-All Stiky Lite tyres in stock now. They'll be up on the website tomorrow, but yeah, if you want a super light rear tyre then they might be worth thinking about. 4mm wider than the 'normal' Stiky tyres too so should have a bit more stability in there.

For the front, it's got to be a Try-All every time. Really grippy, shed mud very well (especially compared to conventional style front tyres) and super light. Just a great front tyre all in all.

Adam tested the 19" Lite and seemed to quite like it. Seems to work for Benito too ;) Stan's debating whether or not to get a pair of the new Stiky Lite 26" tyres (or a Stiky Lite rear and the 'Shift' front Try-All tyre)...

I can't believe you're all having these issues with Eagle Claws on the rear. Mine was and is amazing for natural - loads of grip, more stable and much, much more predictable than any of the Creepy Crawlers I've used in the past. I think I generally run harder tyre pressures than most so that might come into it, but yeah, can't understand how people don't think they're stable, especially compared to CC's...

I don't really know if it's any interest to you, but we've also got the new Try-All Stiky Lite tyres in stock now. They'll be up on the website tomorrow, but yeah, if you want a super light rear tyre then they might be worth thinking about. 4mm wider than the 'normal' Stiky tyres too so should have a bit more

stability in there.

For the front, it's got to be a Try-All every time. Really grippy, shed mud very well (especially compared to conventional style front tyres) and super light. Just a great front tyre all in all.

How much pressure did you run? personally i couldn't predict a thing on the monty which gave my core muscle abit of work trying to keep balanced on small objects, Mr rankin has been having from what it seems a much better time with his creepy crawler but has also said he will change back to

try-all soon.

Im still adamant though that the monty is poor stability wise, i also think alot of people who rave about them havn't usually been riding long or are not at a high enough standard to really put a tyre through its paces(not directed at you:P), though im sure alot there alot of people ready to disagree

with me there.

Though thats the same with most products and people on this forum :P

At the end of they day its just my personal preferences and opinions, hopefully no one is offended by what i have said :)

If the tyre works great for you then really theres no need to read what i say :) i can be rather oppinionated sometimes sorry :)

With the try-all light i dont have much faith in it, but being a wieght weenie i will probably give it a whirl at some point ;)

Edited by Toby