Parkour And Free Running Thread

deeco

parkour or free running  

10 members have voted

1. 1. witch is best

• parkour
    • free running
    • both

hi guys just wondering if their are any guys on here that do parkour or freerunning

also does anyone from lanarkshire scotland interested in starting a club?

i am applying for funding to build a parkour play park and would like to know if anyone would be interested in helping me with design feature etc.

Edited by deeco

They're not the same, well technically they're not anyways.

Freerunning is just doing things that look cool e.g. front flipping over/off a wall to get past it.

Parkour is where you use the most efficient method of getting over/past the obstacle.

In the freerunning/parkour community, saying the two are the same is basically like saying TGS and street are the same.

TGS and street are the same.

Some people call TGS street.

:shifty:

You know there are parkour competitons?

From what I've seen it was just some different sized blocks and the guys did different things over them.

I would've thought to make a competition out of parkour, you'd need to take a city, and time the participants from A to B, and they'd have to use their imagination to make the most efficient way through the city. Makes more sense than what I've seen on youtube.

Edited by Revolver

They're not the same, well technically they're not anyways.

Freerunning is just doing things that look cool e.g. front flipping over/off a wall to get past it.

Parkour is where you use the most efficient method of getting over/past the obstacle.

In the freerunning/parkour community, saying the two are the same is basically like saying TGS and street are the same.

no their are actually quite different.

in free running you more flips etc and a free run is were you have to get from A to B in the most efective a fun way possible

parkour is where you finds spots and look for lines where there are good cats, grabs , gaps drop off's etc

if you are keen on both disiplines then you can freerun between parkour spots

Some people call TGS street.

:shifty:

You know there are parkour competitons?

From what I've seen it was just some different sized blocks and the guys did different things over them.

I would've thought to make a competition out of parkour, you'd need to take a city, and time the participants from A to B, and they'd have to use their imagination to make the most efficient way through the city. Makes more sense than what I've seen on youtube.

that would be a freerunning not parkour but a good idea all the same

does anyone have any ideas for a play park

i am thinking of having a ground section with big concrete blocks for cats gaps monkey vaults etc and then an aerial section made up of scafolding and then some parts combining the two

also is anyone any good at drawing this kind of thing out in a digital form as a would like to present it well in my application for funding

is their not scotish people interested in joining my club :ermm:

is their not scotish people interested in joining my club :ermm:

There might be, but it doesn't help this is a trials forum, and so the odds are already stacked against you.

Maybe download google sketchup, it's piss easy and you could have a go yourself at making a 3d model of what you want.

Some of it is bound to be concrete blocks, which are as simple as two clicks to make on there.

parkour is where you finds spots and look for lines where there are good cats, grabs , gaps drop off's etc

No you don't find spots at all, its commonly thought that Parkour is 'Freerunning without tricking' but it's untrue.

Parkour is defined as: efficiently moving over obstacles from 'a to b'

People that practice Parkour may use certain spots to enhance their skills, but other than that its one fluid run from you're start location to your destination.

No you don't find spots at all, its commonly thought that Parkour is 'Freerunning without tricking' but it's untrue.

Parkour is defined as: efficiently moving over obstacles from 'a to b'

People that practice Parkour may use certain spots to enhance their skills, but other than that its one fluid run from you're start location to your destination.

i dont tptally agree with that but hey evrione to their own