Bmx

MikeCottTrials

Hey, I've recently been considering an inspired but that idea has fallen through.... :(

So instead I was thinking of upgrading/replacing my bmx so I can really enjoy riding it, trouble is I have no idea what I'm looking for with bmx equipment.

SO I need some advice on a light frame, I would ideally like it as light as possible! I only weigh 10 and a half stone so I'm not particularly worried about strength.

I'd also like some advice on cranks?

Helpppp

Short back ends make it feel lighter and flicky, i run a fly tiarra with i love, i would recommend fly cranks also if u want lightness.

Go on www.thesourcebmx.com and look at all the stuff, has weight next to items.

Edited by Daniel Gray

ive rode s&m 30" bars, they feel huge, but really nice, very easy to spin.

dont get fly cranks, the amount of times i have seen these snap at skateparks is unreal.

if you want a good strong reliable crank, go for proflies ( i have these ) or hollowbites. illigal cranks are good also and so are eclat.

i have one of the first sunday funday frames and its amazing, short rear end makes it very easy to control and spin. i also find it a little easier to tailwhip it than other frames?

propper ttl frames feel very nice aswell (Y)

but as with any frame, it depends if you want to ride street, park or dirt

No one had the issue of hollowbites and powerbites pedal threads messing up?

Only happens if you're dumb with bike mechanics. Wouldn't get any frame sub 5lbs if you want it to last and actually ride it hard. Though Sundays are a shade lighter and they perform. Same applies for Profile parts, they won't last 5 minutes with harder riding. Just my personal preference in bmx though. I've had quite a few light things, and it doesn't pay off over time.

Can I have honest opinions on the 2008 Felt Chasm?

I need to know if it's a load of toss basically.

I like the look of the Sunday Funday frames, I think that might have to be a purchase.

Do you guys recommend the full builds or am I better custom building?

Do you guys recommend the full builds or am I better custom building?

It depends on whose, and also how much you spend. If you spend say, below £300 you'll get a shite bike, for the same price you can get a pretty good one second hand.

WeThePeople's completes have always been pretty good.

if you wanna get a funday sunday like me, dont get a complete one because they arnt the same frame.

the frames are there own are better.

custom build (Y)

and mirra frame are rubbish, ive had a blend 3 and it was crap.

odyssey cranks are good (Y) twombolts, but im not to keep on the little plastic clip thing

For frames I say fit or s&m. But as has already been said, the sunday frames are really good. I used a fit frame for street for 3 years of hard street bashing and it stood up to whatever I threw at it, my s&m frame stood up to some pretty hefty dirt crashes aswell (including a big one into a tree when I tried 3'ing through a fork in a tree), I can't say anything about how the sunday rides as I have never had one but I know quite a few lads with sundays and they are bloody strong.

As for cranks, Premium cranks are full of win, always ran them and I always will. Strong and fairly cheap, they do carry a bit of weight though, so if your bothered with weight then they are probably not for you, although I got around this with a ti axle.

JT

My powerbites have welded the threads to my DMR's, greased the threads, torqued them correctly.

Think stacks have fused them, but undoing them now just removes the thread insert, whilst chewing the crank arm to pieces. pretty irritated as it means new pedals as well as arms :(

• 2 weeks later...