Sony Ericsson W995 Phone Help Please :)

Giddy Koxx Boy

Hiya, i've been given a phone by my dad because it's locked. when it starts up it says :

"Phone locked" and asks for the "phone lock code"

just to confirm this phone isn't stolen!!, its from my dads work, his employer was going to france so he called 02 and got them to lock it but now doesn't know how to unlock!!

any help would be much appreciated

the internet says i need to send it to a service centre, anyone know where they are located?

Thanks,

Gideon

Hiya, i've been given a phone by my dad because it's locked. when it starts up it says :

"Phone locked" and asks for the "phone lock code"

just to confirm this phone isn't stolen!!, its from my dads work, his employer was going to france so he called 02 and got them to lock it but now doesn't know how to unlock!!

any help would be much appreciated

the internet says i need to send it to a service centre, anyone know where they are located?

Thanks,

Gideon

http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowContent.action?site=biz_en_GB&contentId=1182234935703&sectiontype=PSEService+CountryContent

Give these a try maybe?

http://www.sony.co.u...+CountryContent

Give these a try maybe?

yeah i saw that, didn't really help much haha,

thanks though!!

If it's not blacklisted then can't you just take it to one of those market stalls and have it unlocked?

i know that works for like network unlocking, but do you reckon they can do this?

If it's not blacklisted then can't you just take it to one of those market stalls and have it unlocked?

Worth a note, those dodgy bastards have a disclaimer that if the unblock f**ks the phone up, they can not be held responsible!

Phone unlocking seems to be the new Turkish trade after Kebab shops in Derby Centre, I wouldn't trust a single one of them.

The default phone lock code is usually a selection of

00000000 (or as many 0s that can go in)

Phone lock is different to network lock and you have an unlimited (or at least a lot) number of goes to enter the unlock code.

If it's not one of the above codes, it has been changed to a custom code, so ask the previous owner what it might be - the chances are they were asked for a code to set the phone lock to by 02 even if they can't remember, so it might be their PIN code or any sequence of memorable numbers.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

What's this flashing thing?

Rewriting a device's memory - can be used to update firmware etc. A little bit like installing a new OS on your PC, except if it goes wrong your phone can become an expensive paperweight.

On the older SEs it was painless. Not sure about the W995 but I'm sure a search will tell...

Rewriting a device's memory - can be used to update firmware etc. A little bit like installing a new OS on your PC, except if it goes wrong your phone can become an expensive paperweight.

On the older SEs it was painless. Not sure about the W995 but I'm sure a search will tell...

yeaah, how do i go about this, obviously i cant get into the phone, so should i just plug it in to computer and then........what then?? where do i download it etc?

haha thanks for all the replies

regards,

Gideon

Flash it, so long as its not CID53, or DB2020 your all gravy.

Go on s-e forum.

Its a simple process.

how can i tell if its CID53 or DB2020?

thanks