Aran Iolo Cook - Colorado Road Trip.

IOLO

so i decided it would be a good, sensible idea to...........

Drag an old van out from the bushes of my friends garden, where it had sat for 2 years,

fix it up and set off the next morning by myself from Quadra Island BC and drive to the Moon rocks Trial, in Fort Collins, Colorado.

it seemed like a very VERY long drive,so i decided it wouldn't be that much worse to go via Los Angeles both ways

to deliver the worlds fastest bike to Hollywood for a film shoot....

i filmed a load of stuff- its a very quick edit, everything just thrown into Premiere and chopped up.

filmed on my little cheap camera, does the job for now.

CLICK ME ! ---> LINK

i was away for 2 and a half weeks, and i spent a whole week in Fort Collins, and a day or so in L.A. either way.

in the other 7 days i managed to drive over 9100 k and get 6 ferrys.

the whole thing was epic, i made great friends, met a load of people all over the place, rode ALOT in Fort Collins,

rode trials in landscapes that seemed to change massively in just an hour of driving.and i learnt that cruse control is great for

playing on laptops,making food and playing the harmonica.

i want to say a huge thanks to a load of people.....

Robbie,Stew and Jon..... for getting me over there, providing a place to crash, showing me the riding spots,organising

an awsome competition with an amazing after party,having an awsome pump track, and also getting me to do a short track MTB race,(thanks for the bike jon!)

and also for making Fort Collins a place full of great times, and a place i must return to..

thanks to Jason for filming in Seattle and to Lee for filming the LA section.

also thanks to Jon for giving me his old shoes, gypsys really appreciate things like that !

thanks to sam for the broken/free van too !

and Kevin for the filming session in Vancouver on the way home ........(home being the big white truck in the last scene)

also a HUGE! thanks to...

TrialTech

HiDrive Energy

tartybikes

abus helmets

Jon's shoes

wherestheseat

gas station coffee............for all supporting my riding :)

music in the video is....

'Speech Therapy'-----------------------------Speech Debelle

'I come from a land down under'---------Men at Work

'light enough to travel'-----------------------The Be Good Tanyas

'Yele'---------------------------------------------Wyclef Jean

'Crazy'------------------------------------------- Gnarls Barkley

'Can i kick it'----------------------------------- A Tribe Called Quest

hope you enjoy, let me know what you think.

:)

i didnt watch it whole yet.... i just saw first riding on that benchces and tables and stuff and i really like it gonna edit this post when i will see it whole :D

EDIT: i really enjoyed that man... go work buy some super awsum camera and start filming :D i really liked that

Edited by Dušan

Aran you've always had an uncanny knack of taking people into your world, this vid was no exception!

Looked like a lot of fun - complete freedom :) One hell of a lot of driving to boot.

Keep it up dude, I'll be looking forward to coming out there in the not too distant future.

loved it mate! epic journey, im jealous! some stunning places that put life in perspective when you're alone there. spot on

did you get your inspiration for 'i come from a land down under' from the radio at 5.55? lol

bet you had to retune the radio a fair few times

Edited by arw_86