Stick On Cable Guides.

mods

Just got my new frame and realised there are no hose guides. Are stick on guides and good? Has anyone used them weith any success? Or should i just use cable ties. I'd rather not waste my money if they are no good.

How on earth do frames no longer come with hose guides? That's pretty shocking... :lol:

Save weight, cost, make the frame stronger, allow you to route the cables where you want rather than having stupidly placed cable guides that people moan about.

That said, nice, well-placed cable guides fitted to the frame as standard is probably a better idea :P

Save weight, cost, make the frame stronger, allow you to route the cables where you want rather than having stupidly placed cable guides that people moan about.

That said, nice, well-placed cable guides fitted to the frame as standard is probably a better idea :P

All very valid points, but IMO when you're paying £300 for a frame it should have well-placed cable guides as standard. :P

Haven't seen any frames drilled for internal cable routing yet? I'd have thought that was less of a stregnth risk than welding on guides to act as stress focus points?

Haven't seen any frames drilled for internal cable routing yet?

Onzas? In any case, I guess manufacturers just got fed up of people getting stressy with where they'd chosen to put their cable guides so just didn't bother with them. Bit of a downer for us less fussy types, but hey ho!

Also means you get to look rad and hold all your cables in place with about a metre of electrical tape :rolleyes: