Scottish Club

kevind

Hi Guys,

After discussions with Barbara at the British round at Fort Bill it was decided to try and restart some comps in Scotland. I am based in Haddington near Edinburgh and have provisionaly organised a trial at Phantassie at Phantassie Farm at East Linton. This is a temp indoor BMX/skateboard park but with some interesting terrain outside. (www.uprisingeastlothian.com) The date will be 4th Sept at 10am. It will be my first attempt at it, although I have years of organising and riding motorbike trials. It will be fun and we will look to see what we need to organise in the future if there is enough interest. ONLY IF! It will all be artificial sections and all indoor if its raining with a big sound system!! I have a couple of other venues including the dedicated trials park over in Glasgow that is in build at the moment. Its up to you guys to show an interest so please pm me if interested.

Kevin

Hi Guys It has generated some interest and with you guys and some local kids it will be a goer. BUT due to the low numbers so far and level of skills (not you guys) what about a fun comp event rather than a full blown comp. That way we all have some fun and I learn what level the sections need to be at. I will set out several sections the weekend before so there will be sections. I had set the entry fee at a fiver anyway and all that is going to Phantassie guys for there new permenant fixture for next year which will have everything including sections/bmx/skatepark and a foam pit. I have a em address set up for the club of biketrial@tiscali.co.uk. Please em me conformation you will be coming and I will em you back all the details. If any one local wants a play the sunday before and help with the sections then it would be appreciated and im sure you can have aplay as well. I am on hols from the 6th to the 17th so no replies then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I was at Phantassie on Tuesday to get something started section wise. it looks like we will have six sections indoors 3 using the bmx ramps and some bits. 1 on the band stage, 1 with tattie boxes and one with some big logs. Will hopefully have another 4 outside with more BIG logs. I intend to have an easy route (EASY as some new local kids will be coming) an intermediate route for the not so shures with ability!!!! and a BIG route with those of you with lots of ability but with FUN intended. Bring some food as there is a big gas BBQ we can use after the sections. You can play on after the comp as well including the bmx ramps.

Hi Guys,

I was at Phantassie on Tuesday to get something started section wise. it looks like we will have six sections indoors 3 using the bmx ramps and some bits. 1 on the band stage, 1 with tattie boxes and one with some big logs. Will hopefully have another 4 outside with more BIG logs. I intend to have an easy route (EASY as some new local kids will be coming) an intermediate route for the not so shures with ability!!!! and a BIG route with those of you with lots of ability but with FUN intended. Bring some food as there is a big gas BBQ we can use after the sections. You can play on after the comp as well including the bmx ramps.

Have you got any pictures of the area?

Does he want the padded tattie box so there are no splinters put in a secluded area of the barn? Seem to be getting some interest from the local kids as well now the schools are back. would you good guys be happy doing a bit of advising during or after the sections. Just asking and I want you guys to enjoy the day. They all have there own trials bikes.