Trials Motorbike

charliemod

Hi guys.

Im thinking of getting a paper round and saving up for a trials motorbike.

So obviously it would have to be the cheapest possible.

Does any one know of any cheep websites apart from e bay that will sell some with at least 125cc

Edited by charliemod

a paper round, wont get much money for that! are you a begginer because it might be best to start on 125cc. but not sure on that.

paper round will do if i save up long enough and get a well paid one.

And i want one that is powerful enough.

125cc could do though.

My older brother has a gas gas 280cc, ive been on that and i wouldn't mind it to be less powerful..............lol

do you know any websites though?

Edited by charliemod

inless you get a well paying paper round you'r going to have to wait a while :giggle:

and i wouldn't bother looking for a new one go second hand then you won't loose tooo much money. but the problem with this (i found out the hard way) if you get an old bike you pay for repairs >_< which are rather expensive. but then motorcycle trials is expensive. (N) ...i bought a second hand 125cc trials motorbike and it still cost 1200 pounds then repairs which were made at a later date cost about 800 pounds (N) ...125 is easily enough for a beginner so thats what i recomend you don't want anything less. but the more CC the more ££ :P

hope this helps :D

do you know any websites though?

this is a list of all the sherco dealers in the U.K

http://www.malcolmrathmellsport.com/ShercoDealerships.htm

this is a list of gas gas dealers in the U.K

http://www.gasgasuk.com/gas-gas-dealers.php

Edited by liam n

If you dont mind abit of a drive. Try out highland leasure sports. Got mine second hand there. Was in show room condition.

thanks a lot but i cant go that far and the prices are a little steep for me.

i would go for a 2nd hand one which is in good condition and 125cc. also the new generation of trials bikes need alot of maintenance and attention to keep them in tip top condition :) just remember that or learn the hard way

thanks for the advice. (Y)

Ill take that on board. ;)

All of the above....of course it's going to be f**king second hand blink.gif If he can buy a 2010 Sherco on a paperboy wage, I'm quitting my job now.

Not to mention, if you're kinda new to riding you'll end up smashing the hell out of it (if you ride it properly) - so little point in spending a fortune.

I wouldn't bother with a 125cc for second hand - I gather your in your teens, and the benefits of going up to 250cc outweigh the cons. You'll get used to the power in no time and on a 125cc, you'll just end up wanting more power and you'll have to go through the process of selling a devalued bike and making up the extra dosh to fund the 250. So why not go straight to 250?

As for websites;

Trials Central

Auto Trader - Hit the 'Bike' section

MotoMerlin - Depending on where you live? Gives you some idea at least.

Other than that, I'd recommend Ad Mag, TMX News Paper (if they still produce that shitty thing).

Last of all, if you want to keep it, ride it only where you're allowed to. Not suggesting you wouldn't but I keep seeing people on trials bikes riding on roads and basically being idiots - gives riders everywhere a bad name and trials as a motorsport seems to be dying out as it is...

• Like 1

wow, thanks for that.

you really did help me and spent some time in to that :P

I'm not the kind of guy who is illegal most of the time.

I have a farm that has lots of hills and sections to ride on.

And about the power, yes I know what you mean, my brothers is a 280cc and I was scared of it at first but now I can control it and you get used to what gear to be in for certain types of terrain.

My friend has a paper round and gets 60 pound per week so I might be working for the same people as him.

Thanks. B)(Y)

Your gonna need at least a 200, I have a 2008 Beta 200, great bike! But it wasn't so cheap, gas gas's are good bikes, but I think the year 2001-2004 or something like that, those year bikes have weak trannys, shercos are amazing bikes as well, I ride a 2010 and what a beast! The cheapest bike you can probly find is a GG, or an older Beta probly

He's 15, so if he's wanting to do any comps he'll need a 125.

I don't know much about modern bikes, apart from they break all the time. (If my mates bikes are anything to go by).

I've got a 1988 Yamaha TY250R, had it for 4 years and nothings ever gone wrong with it yet, apart from a couple of broken levers and I wore the chain and sprockets down so much the teeth snapped off. However, it weighs 92kg, and drinks fuel. At one competition when my mate's GasGas 280 used 5l of fuel, mine used 12l.

Good point, although when are the 250cc available? I thought it was 16 although it's been a while since I've glaced at the ACU handbook.

If it is 16, I'd still go for the 250 for the sake of a few months which he could spend practicing and getting used to it before competing.

No unfortunately not, 16 and under. :(

It's a f**king rediculous rule, it's meant that we can't ride comps any more because my brother is 15, and has a TY250 like mine. He's 5'10", and over 9 stone. An older 125 GasGas wouldn't move him anywhere, and a new one costs too much for us to afford.

IMO all that rule has done is stop people getting on the ladder young. People who fancy giving it a try now need to spend at least a grand on a bike, (unless they don't mind riding a shed).

I know another lad who was 16 last time I saw him about 2 years ago, he was 6' 2" then, and bought a 125 Raga Rep, and it was rubbish for him. Before that he'd been riding a Raga 300. :lol:

If you're a bit naughty, you can always just put 125 stickers on a bigger bike, and while we got away with that for about a year after the rule came in, it's a bit much now. It means your ACU License is void, and the club insurance doesn't cover you... Also our club announced if they caught anyone at it they'd get a lifetime ban, which was the decider for us.

I have got a 02 GasGas 125cc txt pro that isnt really getting used anymore. Rear mudgard is cracked and currently held in place with ducktape, other than that its in pretty good condition. Would you be interested?

Edited by 5murf

no, it only takes 1 hour or so.

he needs to trials! :P

I have got an 02 GasGas 125cc txt pro that isnt really getting used anymore. Rear mudgard is cracked and currently held in place with ducktape, other than that its in pretty good condition. Would you be interested?

not sure, how much?

I haven't got the money or a paper round yet

It would take about 10 weeks to save but I could owe my mum some money if I get close to the full price.

(About 100 off)

I don't know much about modern bikes, apart from they break all the time. (If my mates bikes are anything to go by).

I've got a 1988 Yamaha TY250R, had it for 4 years and nothings ever gone wrong with it yet, apart from a couple of broken levers and I wore the chain and sprockets down so much the teeth snapped off. However, it weighs 92kg, and drinks fuel. At one competition when my mate's GasGas 280 used 5l of fuel, mine used 12l.

im 15, i start moto trials at 13, and started on a 200, once you get better your gonna need the power, i might go to a sherco 290, so once he gets bigger and better, hes most likely gonna have to sell the 125 to get a bigger bike, when thats a pain, so why not just get a big bike now instead of dealing with the hastle later?

IMO

ha-ha, like the idea of the 125 stickers.

I wont be competing for a while though, I might not at all.

Its just to mess around on at the farm doing sections and things like that.

again thanks for helping.

(Y):D

dude, trust me, once you start moto and get into it, your gonna want to compete, at first i didnt, that was before i even got my bike, i got my bike, and i was all for competing, now ive moved up 4 classes in 2 years, when you ride in comps and ride with people, you learn sooo much! and honestly its a lot more fun

if/when you get a bike, good luck and have fun with it bro!!

• Like 1

I'd take the Sherco over the GG any day!! its cheaper too, like i said the year 1999-2004 or something like that, have weak tranny's on the GG, my mate just broke his tranny on his gasser, so imo, sherco, beta or gas gas thats over a 2005

good luck