Facebook Places

JD™

That's not actually possible I don't think, several servers etc...

They've definitely done too much too soon though, made new features when old ones were still buggy.

Yeah, probably not. but sometimes it seems like they've f**ked it up enough to just kill it :rolleyes:

Won't even load the homepage for me, Great when you're trying to arrange shit

MOD have banned the use of it lol

well not sure if its totally banned but theres a lot of fuss beig kicked up about it being used, and a rather large section on part 1 orders detailing how to disable it.

sounds like a bit of a 'latest new craze' and a crap idea.

That's not actually possible I don't think, several servers etc...

They've definitely done too much too soon though, made new features when old ones were still buggy.

Exactly. I'd be suprised if Facebook actually owned the servers - most likely held in a data centre somewhere in USA under rental, a dual system so the secondary server kicks in if the first goes down...however, I'd have thought they'd develop the site on a different server and then retract it if there are bugs on it.

Facebook seems quite poorly managed in my opinion, its basically a money maker and will only die when the next craze comes along and then the advertising shifts over to that...

I have a facebook account but very rarely use it.

Facebook has more servers than you can imagine. They, like Google, don't actually disclose how many (last I heard).

It's also very poorly built and riddled with copy-cat features/code.

It's shite, but with all their money, exposure and penetration, it'll never go away. No startup will ever be able to compete. It's a total monopoly really :(

Facebook has more servers than you can imagine. They, like Google, don't actually disclose how many (last I heard).

30,000 servers is the rumour - however they will be future proofing too for expected growth. Of course any figure out there will change on a daily basis.

No startup will ever be able to compete. It's a total monopoly really :(

Never say never - everything dies at some point and Facebook will follow trend, it just takes time...the sooner the better.

30,000 servers is the rumour - however they will be future proofing too for expected growth. Of course any figure out there will change on a daily basis.

Never say never - everything dies at some point and Facebook will follow trend, it just takes time...the sooner the better.

I saw that statistic too. But yeah as you say it'll always be increasing. Just a 1% rise in users equates to 5,000,000 more people! Plus think of all the shit that people upload as well. Jesus…

Everything dies or evolves. Facebook keeps adapting (mainly by ripping off other peoples' ideas) so I think it's some time before it'll die… Maybe when it finally steals up every last thing it can. Either way I hope it's soon haha!