Onza Zoot Frame...

RossMcd

Hey!

As most of you are aware I have had the onza zoot for about 3 months now and I have been loving it since i got it!

But when i was out fixing the king I discovered something that just made my heart sink...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ZdF9S03M8

Yeah... If you look closely at the weld between the seatstay and the toptube there is a nice old crack there! And its exactly the same at the other side!

Has anyone here on the forum know of or seen this happen on any of the other Onza zoots? Or is this the first one to go?

Ill be taking it round to the LBS tomorrow to see what they say about it... I to be honest... Aint too happy with it like! For being only bought in june!

Tell me your thoughts guys!

Ross honestly dont take it to highland or if you do just bring the frame cos they always break something and say you need a new one.

Good luck getting it fixed though.

Just wait till they see that post ;) they will never let you in again! when they broke my skewer they gave me a new one for free. maybe it was because i watched them do it. lol! But thats not the case. Highland have helped me out a fair bit with this bike lately with my king and my bb creaking and stuff. So they arnt as bad as people say. Im taking it there to see what they say. If they tell me they cant do f**k all then im getting in touch with Joe@onza straight away.

Generally speaking, they should go to Joe themselves anyway in that it's the manufacturer who deals with warranty claims, so 9 times out of 10 what a shop say will be what the manufacturer say.

Thats very true. Do you think it will be replaced? I only got the bike at the end of june. Or will i get the half price replacement?

They are very helpfull with it all though as the bb would of recked my bb threads in my frame so I would never stop going to highland.

Yeah, £32 helpful for something that probably didn't need doing! It really is best to buy the tools yourself and keep check of things like BB tightness etc. A BB tool only costs about £6-7...