Yaabaa 1499

jambo

Been slowly swapping out the heavy bits and pieces on my bike to get it to a weight that feels nice, this is the outcome so far.

still got a grind to put on the rear rim and a fresh one to put on the front.

33617_1510658924134_1164204170_31260849_5183420_n.jpg

33617_1510658964135_1164204170_31260850_966235_n.jpg

61961_1510659084138_1164204170_31260851_3745701_n.jpg

62485_1510658764130_1164204170_31260848_1892076_n.jpg

Forks: Echo Pure

Back wheel: atomz rim on pro2

Front wheel: tryall rim on hope mono

BB:Trial tech

Cranks: trialtech, trial tech bash and 18t.

Tyres: Continental trial queen rear tyre continental mountain king supersonic front.

Stem: trialtech

Bars: VIZ pro 700

Headset: chris king

Front brake: avid calipers xtr lever with heatsink yellows

Rear brake: magura with long lever, trialtech carbon booster, tnn mounts and tnn lgm pads,

Pedals: Echo TR

mostly ti, or alloy bolts all round

Edited by jambo

Firstly I was like :o the disc tabs grew back!! Ha ha! Then I remembered.

Looks good. Its about time the lightness fairy chopped that steerer down, dont you.

Oh, and sort that bash out, its doing sweet FA just now. Either turn it round or take it off like a real man.

Done and done.

Ps, the bash is staying on.

nice! must be quite lightweight now.. is that a trialqueen on the rear? do you like it?

Yup its quite light around 9.4kg with a little room for improvement tubes etc. Yeah its a trial queen, not had a chance to ride it yet, ill let you know how many pinches i get at the end of the weekend.

I just can't accept the truth

Thats because "you cant handle the truth!"

Cheers for the comments lads.

Edited by jambo

Nice work Jambo!! (Y)

Last week end I bought a new try-all light tires and a maxxis flyweigth front tube for my yaabaa, and everyday I'm more and more satisfied with this bike.

The difference was absolutely amazing in weight and general ride feelings with this tires / lose of weight.

The next step for me are get some wellgo pedals and rear try-all Hole rim.

Other thing that I had in mind was to "sacrifice" the rear disk holder, exactly in the same way that you do. I thought in that before I have seen your bike, actually I marked the line of cut two weeks ago. :-:D

I'm going to cut the disk holders of the hub too.

As soon as I'll get the try-all hole rim and build it I'll post some photos of my yaabaa.

We can share "experiments" with this bike Jambo :D(Y)

Cheers!!

Nice work Jambo!! (Y)

Last week end I bought a new try-all light tires and a maxxis flyweigth front tube for my yaabaa, and everyday I'm more and more satisfied with this bike.

The difference was absolutely amazing in weight and general ride feelings with this tires / lose of weight.

The next step for me are get some wellgo pedals and rear try-all Hole rim.

Other thing that I had in mind was to "sacrifice" the rear disk holder, exactly in the same way that you do. I thought in that before I have seen your bike, actually I marked the line of cut two weeks ago. :-:D

I'm going to cut the disk holders of the hub too.

As soon as I'll get the try-all hole rim and build it I'll post some photos of my yaabaa.

We can share "experiments" with this bike Jambo :D(Y)

Cheers!!

Sweet man ill look forward to seeing it.

Its a brand new hubshell on my hope, my old one had the disc tabs cut off it, cant bring myself to cut disc tabs off a brand new shell.

Pretty sure i could get it under 9kg if i really tried, but i still wouldnt ride it any better.

Looking rather swish (Y)

How are you finding the rear rim? Any obvious problems with it like? I've been looking at getting one, but havent seen anyone except the atomz boys with them.

Cheers,

Josh.

Hmm seems fine so far its certainly light only had a couple of rides on it. Dont think id buy another id imagine the wee bit of extra weight on the trialtech one makes for a slightly stiffer rim.