Silly Fixie Man

Davetrials

it is believe me, he is one of the best fixed riders out there, few come close to him, this guy makes me laugh though

linky

Clearly he's not fixed, watch the video again. Watch when he drops, he stops pedalling, when he lands(after landing), he stops pedalling, when he takes off a ramp, he stops pedalling. You'd still be pedalling during all of that, if it was fixed.

Edited by JohnyMilton

deffo WAS fixed. Amazingly if you are in the air and stop pedaling, the rear wheel will stop too. He also lifts the rear wheel and cocks back the pedals to get the timing right a few times.

I'm aware the wheel will stop, but when you land, say after doing a drop your not going to be able to pedal off as smooth as he did. Also watch his take off, of his first bunny hop gap, he stops pedalling just before he takes off. It just doesn't look as if he is riding fixed.

Edited by JohnyMilton

watch his take off, of his first bunny hop gap, he stops pedalling just before he takes off. It just doesn't look as if he is riding fixed.

as I said, he lifts the rear wheel off the floor and cocks the pedals back.

This is like when people didn't think I rode brakeless, "you must have a back pedal brake or something". lol

Used to ride with Ted who rides fixed for Charge (or used to) who's basically the UK equivalent of this dude rode the same way, and his pedals reacted in exactly the same way. The little setup skids he has to do to get his pedals level before doing stuff would be literally impossible to do if he didn't have a fixed hub because you can even hear his back tyre 'peep' when it skids. The only way that could happen was if it was fixed. Similarly, it'd be pretty hard to simulate the rest of it too.

deffo WAS fixed. Amazingly if you are in the air and stop pedaling, the rear wheel will stop too. He also lifts the rear wheel and cocks back the pedals to get the timing right a few times.

Used to ride with Ted who rides fixed for Charge (or used to) who's basically the UK equivalent of this dude rode the same way, and his pedals reacted in exactly the same way. The little setup skids he has to do to get his pedals level before doing stuff would be literally impossible to do if he didn't have a fixed hub because you can even hear his back tyre 'peep' when it skids. The only way that could happen was if it was fixed. Similarly, it'd be pretty hard to simulate the rest of it too.

cheers guys (Y)

its mental what fixed gear has turned into!