My New Onza Ice

PeanuckleJive

More photos to come, I just realised I've never posted in here and I'm really loving the way it looks!

66345_10150278150355247_509705246_15236067_7940956_n.jpg

Spec:

Frame - Onza Ice 2

Forks - ZOO!

Headset - Echo SL

Stem - ZOO!

Bars - Echo TR riser

Grips - Trialtech

Front brake - BB7 w/ 180mm rotor, Avid SD7 lever

Rear brake - Waterbled 05 Maggie, Rockman blue CNC pads

Brake clamps - Echo SL

Front hub - Onza sealed disc

Rear hub - Profile

Front rim - Echo TR

Rear rim - Echo TR

Tyres - Monty eagle claw all round

BB - Trialtech

Cranks - Echo 7075 CNC

Bashring - Trialtech

Pedals - Trialtech

Chain - Trialtech K710

Probably whack some new forks and a higher stem on there soon :)

Not really ridden it much yet, Built it up over a week ago and not had chance to give it a proper thrash! Probably put the brake booster back on it when I realise how poor the back brake is

Edited by PeanuckleJive

I've never liked the look of any ice build yet, but this looks amazing!

What's the geo of the zoo stem? May have it off you if you decide to sell when you change it.

Cheers dude :)

I'm not entirely sure, I'll have a google and see what I can get up on it.

If not, I'll measure it up later today the best I can

Dude, I advise a higher stem, of you're going to get extreme back problems!

Yeah man, this is a bit stumpy really, dunno what to go for though. What did you have?

How the f**k is that profile still going?

Different one :lol:

I tried using the one I bought off you, convinced that it was ok because when I worked it by hand it engaged, rebuilt my entire back end and then tried to pedal and it just slipped round! hahaha

So, this is the majority of the driver from yours, and the hubshell from another profile I bought from MikeCottTrials :)

sweet (Y)

I'd STRONGLY advise NOT getting that stem.

For starters, the two-bolt clamp is a pain in the arse.

The clamp rarely grips bars tight enough to be usefull.

After you've done it up and undone it any more than 6-7 times, the top half of the clamp cracks where they've counterbored too deep and nearly come out the other side, then it snaps off when you next try and do it up.

Finally, they look like shite :P

Real nice shape for these short Onza frames - had one on my Comp for a while - but other than the geometry, they majorly suck.

This is going off personal experience, and Josh had the EXACT same issues. Both died within a couple of months use.

I'd STRONGLY advise NOT getting that stem.

For starters, the two-bolt clamp is a pain in the arse.

The clamp rarely grips bars tight enough to be usefull.

After you've done it up and undone it any more than 6-7 times, the top half of the clamp cracks where they've counterbored too deep and nearly come out the other side, then it snaps off when you next try and do it up.

Finally, they look like shite :P

Real nice shape for these short Onza frames - had one on my Comp for a while - but other than the geometry, they majorly suck.

This is going off personal experience, and Josh had the EXACT same issues. Both died within a couple of months use.

I was pretty skeptical of the clamp to be honest, looks like it'd scratch the f**k out of my risers as I tried to feed them through too.

Been looking at the trialtech stems, Can't remember which model it is, whichever is the 35 degree rise one, what you reckon?

I was pretty skeptical of the clamp to be honest, looks like it'd scratch the f**k out of my risers as I tried to feed them through too.

Been looking at the trialtech stems, Can't remember which model it is, whichever is the 35 degree rise one, what you reckon?

Bike looks perfect mate. Love it :D

How does the ice ride?

Also , with the TT stems, I think they both rise 35 degrees but ones 150mm in length and the other 165mm? I have the 150mm(sport) and it feels fantastic.

Bike looks perfect mate. Love it :D

How does the ice ride?

Also , with the TT stems, I think they both rise 35 degrees but ones 150mm in length and the other 165mm? I have the 150mm(sport) and it feels fantastic.

I'm tempted by the longer trialtech stem, gotta be worth a try!

It rides nice so far, but it's barely been ridden since I built it to be honest, first proper proper ride on it tonight :)

Edited by PeanuckleJive