/07/08 Deng Frames

omgnoseat

You do realise that the lightweight Deng frames are actually stronger than the 07/08 frames?

At least for the 08 Typhoon this is true! The others were pretty hefty to be fair like the 07 Team, Control, and Adamants.

But yeah, I second Mark's comment the current Piranha (and Lynx) are pretty sweet! Their track records are pretty damn good considering how light/well-priced they are.

I've only heard of NT to break one so far, whereas you'll find almost every 05/06 'almighty' Python with cracked brake mounts or near the booster piece.

Edit: If you're deadset on having an older frame which is understandable you have: www.trialprod.com and www.trialmarkt.de (I think that's right?) based in France and Germany respectively.

Edited by Ares

I'm going to put my two cents in by saying this:

My 07 team took approx. 2 and a half years to crack and my equally skilled mate's lynx took on and off (he swapped to a maladeath for 6 months inbetween) took approx. 14 months to crack.

For people such as myself who want longevity over low weight this is what matters.

Given that the price was right, I would buy another 07 in a heartbeat. IMO they were built properly.

End of.

Edited by CC12345678910

This Team right?:

ecomproducts-image-441.jpg

My first impressions seeing that frame was: "Wow, what a tank of a mod."

IMO, the smartest and best representation of what the Team model is. I didn't think I ever heard of one to crack that year, same goes for the Controls of that year too.

Some European sites and one or two like biketrialstation.com still carry a few old frames left as unwanted stock. 08 GUs incl. the Typhoons are still readily available, last resort is to import one from a certified online dealer in China (of which there are a few if you look at TaoBao). I think Trialprod still has an 07 Typhoon mod too. Trialmarkt still has some 07 Czars in both wheel sizes.. same goes for the 07 Python/Pitbull which is still up on Trialmarkt.de

Thanks for the link to trialprod. I find it incredible that they still ask 290 euro for a 4 year old frame though.

Superb service and rapid delivery ( to Holland anyway . ) Are you ever near Den Haag / Scheveningen ? Would be great to ride with you again .

I've ordered some stuff from them in the past, they are pretty ok :)

I'm not often near Den haag, but am prepared to come for a ride!

I'm trying to visit a different city every friday since this is my last year with free public transport :P

My front brake exploded this friday so I might be out for a while. Hope I can get it fixed and meet up soon.