A Screening For Lifecycles In Bournemouth Or Poole Area

LordMersey

Hello

I was thinking of setting up a screening for LifeCylces in the Bournemouth or Poole area.

But before I start with finding areas to screen it and the like I was wondering what interest it would have and roughly how many people would come.

For those who dont know what LifeCycles is, heres the trailer.

Cheers for your help

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I was thinking of setting up a screening for LifeCylces in the Bournemouth or Poole area.

But before I start with finding areas to screen it and the like I was wondering what interest it would have and roughly how many people would come.

For those who dont know what LifeCycles is, heres the trailer.

http://vimeo.com/14600175

Cheers for your help

Jack

Looks like a great video, I'm game if I'm in the area at the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One good thing I'd say about Roam is that it definitely made me want to ride...

...because I got so bored of watching slow-mo clips of people pedalling fast on flat I wanted to get out of the house.

LifeCycles is pretty good. Not exactly great riding wise, but for a one-off screening I think it'd be cool. Just make sure you get a good sound system and good projector to do it justice!

Lifecycles was never just going to be about the sickest new line a mountainbiker could hit on Film.

It never claimed that it would be.

For me personaly it was an awesome film to watch in the cinema. Had me thinking about my life and bikes at the same time.

The clue to the point of the film is in the Title.

:)

I can see how this film was maybe a bit boring to a trials rider that hasnt been riding dh/freeride in big mountains.

Cool, people who've replied:

Tic - you know he's ridden MTBs quite a bit so you didn't mean him.

Ali - you just said it wasn't him.

Nick - seemed pretty keen about it, you probably didn't mean him.

Rusevelt - Rusevelt's Rusevelt...

That'd sort of suggest you meant me, even though I said I quite liked it. I used to do a lot of MTBing/DHing, but that doesn't really change how I feel about the way that most of the more recent MTB videos I've seen that have been too wannabe-artfag with too little actual substance. I don't mean it all has to be amazing riding, but if it's just cranking around it'd be cool if it was captured in a better way. There were some awesome bits of people just ragging about in LifeCycles that worked really well because you were nice and close to the riders and you could get a feel for what it'd be like, whereas Roam and things like that just did absolutely nothing like that for me at all.

One good thing I'd say about Roam is that it definitely made me want to ride...

...because I got so bored of watching slow-mo clips of people pedalling fast on flat I wanted to get out of the house.

Roam made me want to pull my jump bike out of the back of my garage and ride because I enjoyed watching it so much I wanted to go ride some dirt.

That trailer for lifecycles makes the film look amazing! Some people will disagree with me but thats my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...