Is My Headangle Right?

zoster

hey, since i ordered a new trials frame from marino, i also ordered one to make a commuting bike (something like a fixed gear freestyle bike, only with a free hub and brakes)

got my frame, and put some test wheels on..

does this look like a 73,5 head tube angle to you?

wanna figure out if marino screwed up my ha or is just my imagination...

copyoffront.th.jpg

copyofdischoledown.th.jpg

copyofdischoleup.th.jpg

here is what i asked for:

post-13202-0-25607700-1291678724_thumb.j

thanks for taking a look

You could measure it with a plumb line and some maths...

Or do it the lazy way and rotate a picture in Microsoft Office Picture Manager (or similar) and rotate until it's vertical (or horizontal, whatever floats your boat) on the screen.

Edit: Quick and dirty using the first picture in your post (which looks like it starts with the bike most level)

735degrees.jpg

Seems closer to 70.5 rather than 73.5.

Does look a tad too less, even if the forks are long seeing as the bb isn't -15mm by the looks of it. Probably best if you ask him and get the correct fork on.

forks are echo pure, so they are pretty standard for fixed 26" forks.

in order to have a better (= steeper) head angle i would need shorter forks, but considering i am using a 26" wheel, you can't go much shorter then the echo pure.

the ratio is about 17mm shorter fork for 1 degree steeper head angle. i need about 3 degrees more, that means about 50mm shorter fork, so about 355.mm fork length, which can't accommodate a 26' wheel...

I've been thinking about a Marino commuter for a while. How did you go about ordering yours as it doesn't seem abudantly clear how you would for a frame like this on there website. Also, if you don't mind me aksing what was the cost of it?

Cheers.

send him an email with the specifications (i didn't use the online form either).

a cromo frame is 250usd, but i got a discount 'cause my previous frame broke (but that wasn't cromo, it was carbon steel, and i did use it for 1,5 years)