Onza Zoot 2010 Vs Fourplay

ding_dong

There are some pretty key differences, but apparently I'm not allowed to mention them here. So yeah - all I can say is that there are differences between them, and the specs, photos, descriptions and geometry should explain all.

EDIT: If you can't stretch to an Element or Fourplay, the Zoot's still a good bike to go for. If you're in that sort of ballpark, just make sure you go for the Zoot not the Effect - the Zoot's got a way better spec and has a way nicer frame.

Hey,

Main differance between the Zoot and the fourplay is that the Fourplay is built from after market parts so there really isnt anything cheap on it where the the Zoot is built to a price point so things like the handle bars and forks are steel instead of alloy like the fourplay. loads of other things seperate the two but you get what you pay for really. Depends if you are the next Danny Mac or you fancy a go at 24" street without spending serious pennys.

Cheers

Edited by Joe@Onza

In my oppinion the onza zoot feels better. Your center of balance is more towards the middle whereas the inspired has a center of balance more to the back. The zoot feels capable of trialsy moves wheras the inspired only wants to stay on two wheels. I prefer the zoot in my oppinion. I loved my zoot. But i didnt really get on with the zoot pro because it felt more like the inspired. Although both the bikes rode really well. My oppinion has to be that the onza zoot is better if your starting off in the 24" craze.

Isn't the zoot geo based on the old ET geo?

I think the difference with the foreplay is that it has a lot more testing behind it, and the frame (in my opinion) is lotbetter quality, for example there are a few nesh things built in to the foreplay, to give it extra stiffness and strength. I think the Zoot doesn't really have the same amount of thought behind it, I feel the Zoot was just a quick build, so Onza had a similar bike to the foreplay, to compete with and to fit in to the 24'' scene.

The bb yoke on the Zoot looks very similar to the one on the old Neon Bow, and they were stupidly weak, I cracked mine with in a few months, and I can see the Zoot snapping in the same place.

200 sold this year in the UK alone and 350 worldwide and not one to my knowlege has broken at the BB yoke. its the same design that was on the Woodstock which as a frame broke quite easily but not at the yoke. Everything else you say is quite spot on except the ET geo bit.

Edited by Joe@Onza

Well if Mike says the zoot is sound then i'll take his word for it. I personally prefer the look of the fourplay/element over the zoot. The zoot is alot nicer than the Ashton though. (sorry Martyn!) there is only 1 thing i dont like about the zoot is the pivotal seat thing. A chain tensioner would of been nice too. ie like the pro model frames or the Czar but thats me being a bit too finikey.