Chain Cleaning

Rockman

I just cleaned my chain, I thought this way may be useful to you guys.

Take your chain off your bike

put it into a bottle

fill the bottle 1/4 with water and a bit of fairy liquid

shake it until the water is black

then repeat another time

fill again with 1/4 water and keep doing this till the water isn't dirty any more

if you have a product called "sticky stuff remover" put a few drops of that in aswell which removes oil

when you have done that lay it on a towel etc. and spray with oil

Hope this helped :)

I just cleaned my chain, I thought this way may be useful to you guys.

Take your chain off your bike

put it into a bottle

fill the bottle 1/4 with water and a bit of fairy liquid

shake it until the water is black

then repeat another time

fill again with 1/4 water and keep doing this till the water isn't dirty any more

if you have a product called "sticky stuff remover" put a few drops of that in aswell which removes oil

when you have done that lay it on a towel etc. and spray with oil

Hope this helped :)

kool but i just washed my chain :L shane :P

Just in case you or others are not aware diesel contains one of the most carcinogenic non radioactive substances known to man.

Doesn't that mean it would have to be burnt and the carcogen would be in the fumes? So as long as you don't burn it it'll be all right?

I only say this because at school we are no longer allowed to burn crude oil or to distillate it fractionally due to the carcinogens in the fumes. :)

Doesn't that mean it would have to be burnt and the carcogen would be in the fumes? So as long as you don't burn it it'll be all right?

I only say this because at school we are no longer allowed to burn crude oil or to distillate it fractionally due to the carcinogens in the fumes. :)

I don't believe so, wearing of protective gloves is a good option.

What the mother in epicness is a carcinogen

Every substance in the world ever basically, occasionally the flavour of the month carcinogen gets some bad press and people decide to get scared about it. Bearing in mind you can't do a 5 minute test of flicking it on someone and going "ooh yep, they just got cancer" unsurprisingly yes there's something of a correlation between cancer cases and people that spend a lot of time around/covered in crude oil/oil products.

And actually the most commonly found carcinogen is probably living material, being carbon based and therefore radioactive (this is how carbon dating works) it is also a carcinogen, and since there's more living things in the world than smokers... :P

take it off, take it outside and spray some gt85 or wd40 on the chain making sure you get in all the links, then scrub with a toothbrush. when the chain and excess spray turn grey-black spray it again then hang it from the washing line, letting it dry.

put it back on and use finish line xc wet lube.