My Zoot With A Couple New Bits!

24martin

found an amazing place to ride today just down the road from my house, gotta wait for the tide to go out and then its so fun, so many lines to try, although it was a bit too windy to ride today so i jus took a few pictures instead!!

absolutely love this bike now its so sweet to ride, once i get the new stem and forks it will be pretty sorted, finally got the seatpost mod done and got rid of that integrated one, so much better looking and much more leg room over the bike i'd say its definately worth doing, i'll post a few pics of how i done it soon just incase anybody else was thinking of trying it, its incredibly easy, once you get over the fear of taking a hacksaw to your brand new bike haha :lol:

check out the tgs heaven in the background (Y) can't really tell with my horrible camera phone but its an awesome place

post-28111-0-46802000-1297018322_thumb.j

post-28111-0-56342200-1297018341_thumb.j

post-28111-0-29921800-1297018348_thumb.j

terrible pic of the seatpost mod post-28111-0-47506600-1297018354_thumb.j

Spot looks fun from what I can see, and I'm liking the look of the bike :) and the seat mod looks intriguing...

Very good! :)

yea its a mad place, those rocks go on for about 3quarters of a mile in each direction from were the pic is taken, endless fun (Y) thanks for the comments on the bike! :D

So what did u do then? Just slice the intergrated clamp, make a slot on the back of the seat tube and fit a normal post and seatclamp?

yea i basicly clamped the bike in a vice upside down so no metal swarf dropped into my bottom bracket, cut the integrated clamp off, it left a kind of insert thingy in the seat tube so i just used a slide hammer to pull it out which left me with a 28.5mm (internal diameter) seat tube, which wasn't quite the same size as the seat post i ordered (inspired 27.2mm) but anyway kept the bike upside down and cut a slot in the back of the seat tube, used a round file to clean up the mess inside the seat tube beacuse there was a few drips from the welds in the frame, cut the seat post down to about 3 inch, had to go mad on the bench grinder with the seat clamp.. it was the perfect fit on the frame but it didnt quite sit over the weld on the top tube so i had to grind about 6mm of metal off the seat clamp (Y) , used a peice of beer can for a temporary seat post shim, bolted it all together, job done!

Nice ride,

where is this? looks quality, i live in plymouth-how far away are you?

thanks mate, its in brixham were i live, down a pretty nice beach called shoalstone, there's just rocks for like 2 miles when the tide goes out its awesome, so many different types of lines and gaps, there's quite alot of decent trials spots in brixham actually all over the place, its just bloody cold and miserable :(

i was thinking of doing a plymouth trip soon, it was mad when i went there on my bmx a few years ago