My Assignment.

KiDsOn15

I am currently basing my business assignment on a Trials Bike Business like tartybikes (just in theory of course :P).

I was just wondering if anyone knew what rules and regualtions a trials bike shop would have?

Like some businesses have to abide by the Data Protection Act 1998.

Please Help!! :(

Yea, they will have to abide by Data Protection laws as well as health & safety, financial regulations regarding the pricing they use, fair trading policies, and plenty of others. There's a lot of red tape around running any business...

Yea, they will have to abide by Data Protection laws as well as health & safety, financial regulations regarding the pricing they use, fair trading policies, and plenty of others. There's a lot of red tape around running any business...

Ok Thanks Very Much, I only have to give a few examples so I will research the ones you mentioned. If i get a distinction for this work, I Will Love You For EVER hahaha :):giggle:

Computer Misuse Act 1990 is also applied to every business. Before Christmas I had a whole 2-3 weeks on the Acts and damn it was boring, oh well; I guess it is useful to know.

Here is a website to the Computer Misuse Act 1990. It is the official website for the Acts as far as I know, so you might want to search the other acts on there to in order to get more accurate research.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/18/contents

Peace, Danny.

Edited by dannytrialskid
  • Like 1

There isn't actually that much for a simple business.

Personally I don't view it as 'Red tape' . It is this misconception that stops alotf.png of people starting businesses.

See tham as necessary controls rather than barriers and your onto a winner.

It is this misconception that stops alotf.png of people starting businesses.

Good, if they can't even view that as part of the challenge, then they don't deserve to be in business. Mine only exists because I wanted the challenge.

There isn't actually that much for a simple business.

It depends what level you take it to, I guess. Just simply selling items like trials bike parts opens you up to a load of problems/restrictions/rules. Importing/exporting them does too. For this sort of project I guess that's not as applicable though I suppose.

Check out the amount of shit Wiggle have to put up to keep things legal/happy - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/About-Wiggle