Blu-Ray

Rob.

There just isn't much point in getting a blu-ray with a 720p Tv. Got Sony 42" 1080p 200Hz Tv at home and you really do notice the difference between that and the cheaper 1080p 24" one in the kitchen. 720p Tvs just look awful compared to the good value 1080p screens you can buy now.

Blurays 'work' on any TV don't they?

No, I *think* the content is protected with HDCP so you need at least a HDMI or DVI input on the TV.

But yeah, I probably wouldn't bother on anything less than 32" or so.

No, I *think* the content is protected with HDCP so you need at least a HDMI or DVI input on the TV.

But yeah, I probably wouldn't bother on anything less than 32" or so.

I don't think this is the case mate.

Back when I first had my Ps3 me and my mate watched "die hard 4.0" on Blu ray on our TV downstairs, in SD using the stardard RCA connections.

Absolutely pointless as there was no HD but we had no other choice!

I'm not sure if all discs require HDCP. Also it's possible that it will allow playback in standard definition but you wouldn't be able to access full HD without HDCP. Which you wouldn't notice on a small TV.

I'm sure it's an issue in some cases at least because if you buy a graphics card for a PC, it has to have HDCP if you want to play Bluray discs.