Ashton/diamondback Effect

Jonny Jones

Since Tarty had these frame/fork/headset combos for such little money, I decided to get one - hoping to revive my riding! My Ashton Justice wasn't inspiring me anymore! So, here it is!

Thanks to John Shrewsbury for giving me his old Sun rims and thanks to Andy Ponting for building my wheels... in bed, apparently :lol:

Ashton/DB Effect frame and fork, FSA Orbit MX headset (the FSA PIG headset that comes with the frame is decent, but uses open bearings, I preferred sealed!). Truvativ bars, Syncros stem (need a longer one though, probably 80mm), Avid BB5 front disc, Deore rear V brake (with Plasmatic BMX pads I got from eBay, Avid SD5 on its way), SD7 levers, Middleburn RS7 cranks w/ Pro Trials bashguard, FSA DH BB 73x128 w/ spacer, KMC chain, 20t/16t, Gusset static tensioner, Rhyno Lite rims, Hope Pro 2 and XC hubs, Schwalbe Crazy Bob tyres (amazing for the money), Kenda tubes, DMR rim tape, Sapim/Halo spokes/nipples, standard seat post from eBay, Charge Bikes seat (love it!), QR for the seat tube (frame comes with a standard allen key one), Wellgo V12 copies (sealed)... and some cable ^_^

I'm looking forward to riding way more this year :)

Photos taken on my 7D with my new flashes and Cactus V5 transceivers :)

First time playing with any kind of lighting! Hi-res photos will be added to my Facebook!

EFFECT_NIGHT_001.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_002.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_003.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_004.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_005.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_006.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_007.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_008.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_009.JPG

EFFECT_NIGHT_010.JPG

Like i said on fb mate its spot on, please tell me them brakes work well as im after a similar set up, sick to death of maggys. :lol:

Cheers dude! They are amazing! The BB5 disc is better than any hydraulic disc I've tried and pretty much any V brake with THOSE pads will bite better than my Magura ever did! That was the thinking behind running a V brake, I simply can't be bothered with Magura's anymore! Plus Mr. Rowan Johns swears by V's now :)

O jonny jonny jonny! That looks sweeeet! Your going to have so much fun on that!!. Maybe a different rear tensioner at some point though, for more chain wrap. I'm riding Farnham later in the week! I'll give u a shout

Very cool. Needs a higher front end.

I've been playing with stems all week... seems an 80mm with 8deg rise feels great! Bearing in mind I'm quite short and I don't like the look (and probably wouldn't like the feel) of a super high-rise stem :)