Clubbing Holidays 2011

Boswell

erm, to be fair, if its your first one, go anywhere, youll have a good time and most likely not make the most of the holiday.

I went ibiza and maga last year, there totally different places.

Personally id avoid zante, just because of the way the bouncers/police treat clubbers.

When people say maga is on the decline,it doesnt make any difference, if you go there in july/august, bcm will be rammed everynight.

If its your first trip, id strongly suggest magaluf over other places, because you always here how cheap the booze is, and factor like £100 a day, and it is never enough. But in maga, there are plenty of places that you can go, and its all you can drink all night for €20/€25. so you can get by and still get drunk as hell. most of the excursions(boat parties etc) are all you can drink too. So come the end of the holiday, your not not having fun because your running out of cash. providing you leave 40 euros a day in your back pocket, if worst comes to worst, you can buy a bottle of vodka, 3 litres of coke, and swipe a glass from the poolside, and just refill it in your room, and get drunk at the pool all day for 10 euros, you can get a fry up and chips for 4 euros, and get into bcm bar at 6pm to start drinking for free for €25 euros, which carries you through till when bcm club shuts at 6/7am.

Kos was absolutely amazing when we went, but to be fair I've got little to compare it too in terms of scummy club holiday places. Although the bar we always pre-lashed in did 6 shots and two cocktails for £6 euros, and had screens with Pro Evo set up, so needs little comparison.

My mates went to Malia last year and have booked it again this year.

They loved it so much, everytime I am with them I do feel a bit left out though as they always start chanting songs from Malia or going on about experiences they had there. :(

to be honest I'd much rather spend £700 on my car or other things...

honestly dann, Id say bollox to the car, i was the same as you, never really saw the point, till i went on one, and i regret turning them down for the last 4 years. you only live once, some of your best experiences, and stories come from a week of drinking tequila,sniffing salt and squirting lemon in your eye in 30 degree heat whilst hanging out the back of a trainee beauty therapist from hull, not from putting a mg tf engine in a metro.

Trials Forum Clubbin sesh? lol

did you not watch sun sex and suspicious parents? insite into wheres good or not?

Personally I wouldnt go on a "lads" week away, think I'd rather go on a sailing holiday. getting fooked for a week will do really bad thinks to me. I'm bad enough over here anyway!!

Kos was absolutely amazing when we went, but to be fair I've got little to compare it too in terms of scummy club holiday places. Although the bar we always pre-lashed in did 6 shots and two cocktails for £6 euros, and had screens with Pro Evo set up, so needs little comparison.

Was that just blue?

Kos was amazing, malia was shit, completely full of dicks whereas kid was a little bit less busy and everyone was much more friendly ( and not Dickheads or rudeboys looking for a fight constantly)

Was that just blue?

Kos was amazing, malia was shit, completely full of dicks whereas kid was a little bit less busy and everyone was much more friendly ( and not Dickheads or rudeboys looking for a fight constantly)

Was that just blue?

No idea to be honest even after a week there my memory was too hazy to know my way around haha. Pretty sure it was if you're going up the strip, before the big square at the top, on the right. On a corner as well so opens out onto the street on two sides.

Best thing about Kos was definately the little gypsy kids peddling their wares though.

Thanks for your detailed reply and just to be clear this will be my third holiday of this type. I have been to zante for the past two years and agree with your points but I still had a really good time. :)(Y)

Zantee's so swag, so so over priced.

Bulgaria this year 30p a pint? yea ok - one more then!

F'ck all this. Eastern Europe wins hands down, Bulgaria, Romania, Bosnia... cheap, good locals, and an entirely unpredictable experience.

See ive just done bulgaria this season skiing, had mates who went there on a summer holiday too. Neither of us have come back impressed.

The locals are horrible,pushy,arrogant,with touts trying to hastle you into their bars/restaurants. Barstaff tipping themselves excessively(met an aussie guy who hadnt tipped a bargirl one round, the next round he bought a 4 lev drink, he ended up getting 8 1 lev coins back as change, and 8 1 lev coins into the tip jar), sticking drinks on our orders we hadnt asked for(every 5 rounds an extra round of mystery spirits was brought over, we though these where free rounds, they wernt).

We went to a traditional bulgarian restaurant(mehana) for tea one night, was rather nice, a bill of 325 lev between 7 people, common sense dictated 50 lev each, leave 350 lev, and a 25 lev tip, we also tipped the musician in the restaurant about 15 lev. so in total we left a 40 lev tip on a 325 lev meal(plus they advertise free taxis to the restaurant from your hotel, we tipped the driver 5 lev again). This is rather acceptable in my opinion. 2 minutes later we had a waiter chasing us down, stopping us in the street wielding a knife(granted it was the knife he had on his belt at all times for presenting the bill, chopping fruit/meat etc, but he still had it on him. he basically told us wed left a shit tip and wanted an extra 10 lev each from us, I explained at this point we left a decent tip, especially considering that 3 of us had asked for veal, and had beef(tough beef at that, but I didnt express this).

as for prices, drinks in the english speaking bars where priced at about 6 lev a pint, which was about £2.50(mate said it was similar, possibly a bit more expensive at times in summer), which isnt excessive for a tourist destination, but you could get san miguel for €1.75 in magaluf, and 3 pints for €5 at most places(not to mention 15/20 euro all you can drink offers). Drinks in the traditional places where cheaper, but you had the above happen. and £30 for a piece of garlic bread, a beef kebab with chips,a pint and a brandy aint all that cheap. (for reference the best italian ive ever been too was in san antonio, I got a 9 inch garlic bread, the worlds biggest bowl of carbonara,which was banging, and a pint of lager, for €12.)

Food on the Greek islands seems pretty good/cheap as well, at least from what I've heard from other people and experienced in Kos. Epic kebab for £1.50/£2 which are a million times more filling, nicer and generally better then English kebabs. Pizza in a restaurant we went to a few nights was £5 and was absolutely incredible, weirdly one of the best pizzas I've ever had. Massive to the point that I never finished it either, provided breakfast/lunch the next day every time.

McDonalds was about £15, but that's besides the point :lol:

• 2 months later...