Wear A Helmet!

Gaz96

Just thought i'd share with you, what can happen if you dont wear a helmet...

I sometimes wear a helmet and sometimes dont, today was a day I didn't,I was trying a drop onto grass so I wasnt bothered about not having one as I didnt think much could go wrong, the set up for the drop involved me bunnyhopping over a we ledge before dropping down the drop on the other side. I thought whats the worst can happen, bail? slide out?

I tried it the first time and caught my back wheel on the ledge send me over the bars and landing on my shoulder, with sore shoulder I got up and tried again, this time catching the back wheel on the ledge agian! This time I flew over the bars and landed on my face, the bike bounced behind me and landed on my head cutting it open!

16042011095.jpg

Just a warning to those who dont wear a helmet, it may be nothing big but the un-expected can/does happen like to me today...

Just think about it next time you go out!

(it might not look that bad but the cut is about an inch and a half long and reasonably deep, I got off lucky, you never know what could happen)

Edited by Gaz96

No, what happened?

Go onto his newest video on TF and you'll see his helmet, fell backwards of a 60" hook (i think it was 60?) and killed his helmet, if he didn't have it on it would have killed him i reckon!

Still, good on you for trying again after hurting your shoulder, even if the outcome wasnt great!

No matter what the reason.....Keep your lid on!

I ride with shin pads on too as I got fed up of getting massive cuts on my shins from slipping off the pedals, however the one day I didn’t wear them I slipped again and had to go and get my shin glued and stitched, a lot of hassle for not putting them on.

No matter what the reason.....Keep your lid on!

I ride with shin pads on too as I got fed up of getting massive cuts on my shins from slipping off the pedals, however the one day I didn’t wear them I slipped again and had to go and get my shin glued and stitched, a lot of hassle for not putting them on.

Sounds familiar, same happened to me the other week

Go onto his newest video on TF and you'll see his helmet, fell backwards of a 60" hook (i think it was 60?) and killed his helmet, if he didn't have it on it would have killed him i reckon!

Still, good on you for trying again after hurting your shoulder, even if the outcome wasnt great!

Seen the tart do the same in one of his videos. He falls backwards off a 3 foot wall, gets up, takes his helmet off and pulls it in two :giggle:

• Like 1

i think i need to get a helmet. ive only just started though so i havent actually tried anything yet im still trying to get my balance but when i get some money i think i know what im buying :L

Heres a thought for you. Go out on your bike and try to balance. Now look at the ground or a curb. Now think about aiming your head stright for it. If you get on the bike the helmet goes on.

Heres a thought for you. Go out on your bike and try to balance. Now look at the ground or a curb. Now think about aiming your head stright for it. If you get on the bike the helmet goes on.

And you should wear one because since your learning you cant do much, therefore you will fail tricks and fall off the bike alot