Wear A Helmet!

Gaz96

Im a brand newbie to trials, but just leanring to back hop and fell off the back, happened so fast the pedals stayed stuck to the bottom of my feet, whack! Arse and head took a beating lol, and that was nothing. Im glad theres no macho attitudes here about helmets! I come from a motorbike background where your laughed at for even starting a bike without a lid on, cycling allover seems to have a stigma, so this lid attitudes good to see!

Maybe start wearing one for football too, dislocated jaw and concussion, semi blind in one eye for entire game, today...canny! :-/

Im a brand newbie to trials, but just leanring to back hop and fell off the back, happened so fast the pedals stayed stuck to the bottom of my feet, whack! Arse and head took a beating lol, and that was nothing. Im glad theres no macho attitudes here about helmets! I come from a motorbike background where your laughed at for even starting a bike without a lid on, cycling allover seems to have a stigma, so this lid attitudes good to see!

Maybe start wearing one for football too, dislocated jaw and concussion, semi blind in one eye for entire game, today...canny! :-/

Dont get me started on footballers, useless overpaid waste of spaces *mutters off in the background*

You Anti helmet then joey? :P

Nah, its just the OP got a cut on his head (skin damage) starts this topic and everyone brings out them 'wear your helmet' emotions. You'll be ok mate.. chill.

If you wear one that's fine, if someone asks weather they should wear one then tell them to wear one, just don't get all high and mighty when you see someone who doesn't, it's fookin lame.

Edited by casualjoe

Nah, its just the OP got a cut on his head (skin damage) starts this topic and everyone brings out them 'wear your helmet' emotions. You'll be ok mate.. chill.

If you wear one that's fine, if someone asks weather they should wear one then tell them to wear one, just don't get all high and mighty when you see someone who doesn't, it's fookin lame.

Finally. someone who's not helmet nazie (Y)

I mean its your own choice wether to wear a helmet or not, why should anyone else care? :)

I started this topic and im not one of the guys who go all crazy when foke dont wear their helmet but it was just sort of an encouragemeant...

At the end of the day, if you dont wear a helmet, the only person you'r going to hurt is yourself.

You can still seriously ingure yourself if you wear a helmet, im not doubting you'll be safer if you wear one, but you wont be invincible like some people make out y ou to be.

If you're learning and your back brake lets go all of a sudden, or your feet slip forward off the pedals and you fall backwards, you can properly hit your head and it may mess you up for good. I definitely recommend wearing a helmet for these reasons thumbsupanim.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If your living at home with your parents, do them a favor and wear your helmet. Consider what a burden it would be for your parents to change your diaper and feed you baby food every day? Bones heal, cuts heal; but brain damage likely for life.

Sticks and stones may brake my bones, but hell I will just ride over them.

If your living at home with your parents, do them a favor and wear your helmet. Consider what a burden it would be for your parents to change your diaper and feed you baby food every day? Bones heal, cuts heal; but brain damage likely for life.

Sticks and stones may brake my bones, but hell I will just ride over them.

And a helmet will protect you from spine damage?

Im not condoning the use of helmets, im just fed of of the nazi helmet police!