24" Riders!

PaRtZ

Drivetrains  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What type of REAR 135mm hub do you have?

• Screw thread (with a cog screwed on)
    • Screw thread (with a freewheel screwed on)
    • Splined fixed or free (with combination of sprockets and spacers)
    • Spined fixed or free (single speed)

if you have 24" wheels, you can't really have a screw-on freewheel on the rear, all the reliable freewheels are 18t and you would need a massive cog on the front to make that into a usable ratio. Stick with a Hope or a King for street.

I used to run 18:13, then switched to 23:17 which was very similar, and now run 23:16 - long story short, it'd probably be a touch on the hard side for pure trials, but would be good for a mix of streety stuff and trialsy stuff.

I used to run 18:13, then switched to 23:17 which was very similar, and now run 23:16 - long story short, it'd probably be a touch on the hard side for pure trials, but would be good for a mix of streety stuff and trialsy stuff.

Cheers Mark.

Ever since I got back on 24" I used to run a pretty shity drivetrain. 160mm cranks with 18T FFW in combination with a 15T screw-on cog on the back.

I never came around to change this, maybe because the only thing that could cause me to change this would be a Middleburn crankset that I have looked for for months now... so far without success <_<

Feels pretty good though, sucks when it comes to speed but in the end you just need to pedal way faster which I just accepted lol.

Edited by Martin Direske

Tensile FFW 18t up front and a 12 cog on a rear fixed hub on my inspired. :turned: I rode my friends' bike the other day (inspired,18 cog front 12cog on a rear hope freehub)and the pedaling response was pretty much the same...Plus his bike was quite heavier on the back...