Tyres ?

gary-mac

As title says, Am using conti tyres at the moment and find them great!! But it looks like the conti trial king is now no more and the supersonic i find is no good up front. I like to keep tyre makes the same front and rear so whats good out there which has the stability of a der kaiser on rear and lite and grippy upfront, Maxxis, try-all etc.

cheers peeps.

Edited by gary-mac

I've got a Try-all (older version, not the new lite) on the front and a der keiser on the back and it seems to be a good combo!

Not tried much else though. Only recently switched to stock!

Am really sad, i like to keep tyre makes the same and not odds. very strange i know lol

I think you mentioned at the comp you pretty much only rode natty because of where you live?

So it might be worth thinking about having try-all lite front and back. good mud shedding properties which will be good with you been from scotland ^_^

I think you mentioned at the comp you pretty much only rode natty because of where you live?

So it might be worth thinking about having try-all lite front and back. good mud shedding properties which will be good with you been from scotland ^_^

Yeah all i have here is natty really BUT its a awesome play ground, the odd bit of concrete but its very limited where i live. I have a try-all rear lite and front sticky in shed but havn't used them, maybe i should try them out. whats the maxxis tyres like??

i think i saw you at lee mill on sunday, thoses rocks are pretty slippy with any tyre but i noticed you had a nice conti on front..

maybe the rocks made you think that you needed new tyres ??

the best all round tyres out there are the try-alls thats what i had on if you seen my bike.

they are really light, give really good amount of spring and are pretty punture resistant. the front is a bit thinner..(about the same as your front conti) so people who tent to pinch alot might consider getting the last years front as they are a bit thicker

hope that helps

i think i saw you at lee mill on sunday, thoses rocks are pretty slippy with any tyre but i noticed you had a nice conti on front..

maybe the rocks made you think that you needed new tyres ??

the best all round tyres out there are the try-alls thats what i had on if you seen my bike.

they are really light, give really good amount of spring and are pretty punture resistant. the front is a bit thinner..(about the same as your front conti) so people who tent to pinch alot might consider getting the last years front as they are a bit thicker

hope that helps

Hi dave, the rocks were fine, theres worse out there :giggle: the conti tyres are great and i don't want to change them but the trial king front tyre won't be getting made anymore (could be wrong), since am very fussy i don't like to run odd makes front and rear, very sad i know!!! So i was just wondering are there any other really good natty bashing tyres out there, i have try-all lite tyres in shed but am yet to try them out. I was hoping there might be another model of conti tyre thats good up front?

Get front and rear Michelin's they seems to be not to light but not to heavy in my eyes and the compounds actually meant to be alright, or just run rear kasier for best grip with front try-all and if your so bothered about a name on the side of a tire just rub it off so its blank?