Bleeding Brakes

Matt1995

My front hydrualic disc is very weak and barely stops me and the lever touches the grips when i pull it. Somone told me ishould bleed it. So thats what im doing.

Although ive never bleeded a brake before so im going to need your help. What specific tools do i need to bleed a brake easily? I have the allen keys but i dont know what else i need. All advice will help thanks :)

My front hydrualic disc is very weak and barely stops me and the lever touches the grips when i pull it. Somone told me ishould bleed it. So thats what im doing.

Although ive never bleeded a brake before so im going to need your help. What specific tools do i need to bleed a brake easily? I have the allen keys but i dont know what else i need. All advice will help thanks :)

What brake is it?

your best of buying a bleeding kit first if you dont have one, they are not that much. and you said the lever comes all the way to the grips, have you ever tried moving the brake pads in a bit?? ive seen someone before thinking they need to bleed when it was the pads ^_^

If its a magura louise which is what i had once before then there should be a little black rubber seal on the lever, take it off and inside there should be a little allen key nut, just screw it in and that moves the pads closer to the disc. If not just look around there should be a little adjuster somewhere on the brake.

If you could let us know the exact magura brake you've got, if not get a pic up to help us identify it.

Pretty sure that magura's have a standard bleed kit and all use magura blood, the simplest solution would be to take it to a bike shop to get them to do it for you. If you feel confident enough you could get a magura disc bleed kitand do it yourself, it's pretty easy with a magura.